BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Heading out on our Top Shelf Tour in July..... Doing Ottawa to London ON day one....want to do Detroit to Nashville in 2 days of riding.. with an overnight somewhere...
Staying away from slabs...... suggestions welcome.... places to stop and visit.. overnight half way? good BBQ...and cold beer?

i was thinking Fort Wayne.. looks about 1/2 way from London/Detroit to Nashville, but i am open to suggestions and or invitations for dinner..... ;-)

TIA

Mike

·
Premium Member
4,071 Posts
We went to the Grand Ole Opry last year when we passed through Nashville. What a great show and we don't even like country music.

Reactions: WayneDW

·
Soupa Mod
2,432 Posts
London to Nashville is about a 13 hour ride so in one day you are going to be close.

Going through Fort Wayne is a longer route by about an hour.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
In Nashville Hattie B's fried chicken and go to the Bearded Iris for outstanding craft beer in a cool space.

If you're running through Indiana a stop at 3 Flyods Brewery would not disappoint either.

If you post your route I can give a lot more recommendations for BBQ and breweries along the route. I've been to well over 100 breweries throughout the USA so have some first hand knowledge.

In Michigan? Oh boy there are soooo many depending on your route. Founders and Bells are good stops but there are soooo many more.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
139 Posts
Nashville is an awesome city. Staying downtown is not cheap & most hotels charge for parking.

Some really good food can be had.

Lots of history in the area & some great tours can be done.

·
Registered
151 Posts
If you are a car guy at all, the Corvette museum in Bowling Green, KY is a must see.

Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts