BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vendor
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Third Thread …. Seatbags and Rackbags,
In this third thread we will introduce our Seatbags and Rackbags from our 14 liter STARR I seatbag to our flagship 49 liter rackbag

Here is a link to our Seatbag and Rackbag page to show you the variety of models we have.
RKA Seatbag Rackbag Page

We also would like to explain the many features they have
Did you know?

ALL RKA products are designed, manufactured, and distributed by RKA in Windsor California, Sonoma County USA. “MADE IN THE USA”

A little history of RKA Seatbag “The Most Beautiful Motorcycle Luggage in the World”.
35 years ago we did this ….. The Mirage Seatbag ….. This was the very first product we manufactured.

To expand or not to expand? With our current line up, the 49ner Rackbag is the only one we manufacture that does not expand.
With all the other rearseat and rackbags you can use the top section expanded or without expanding it whichever way works best for your luggage storage

ALL RKA Seatbags and Rackbags main compartments are finished and lined inside

The rearseat bags have “THE PAD”!

The original 1985 Mirage seatbag used rubber coated hooks on the seat lip so nothing touched the bodywork. Here is a “postcard” and “business card” we would sent with our brochure to show off the many designs we did.

When the seats got smaller and smaller, we re-thought out the attachment and designed “THE PAD”. The pad attached to the seat like you belt on your pants. On the pad are keepers, the bag attaches to these keepers for the most secure fit possible.

The Rackbags also have a very easy and secure attachment system.
The rackbags slid over the rack with one or two 2” webbings sewn on the bottom of the bags. Then the two front straps attach to the frame under the seat. Once snapped down and attached it does not move.

RKA offers four different seatbag sizes and three different Rackbags all expandable except the 49er liter.
21, 36, 49 & 21 liter Trunk Rackbags.
14, 18, 21, 33 liter Seatbags.

Kathy and I hope this thread and the other sticky threads will help you understand how RKA luggage is made and works, and the quality and features they have.

Hope to hear from you.

Questions? Send Richard or Kathy an email
[email protected]
[email protected]

Or give us a call at 707 836 7659.
Let us know if this article is helpful.

R&K

Attachments

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
You definitely make a fine product, Richard. Makes me wish I needed something....keep on keeping on, buddy.

·
Vendor
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You definitely make a fine product, Richard. Makes me wish I needed something....keep on keeping on, buddy.
Hi Reid, THANKS for the nice words. Notice we have a new format. I have been using this on the Ducati forum for awhile now and it is way cool!!!!

I will post a 4th tread on Saddlebags and Accessories we manufacture soon
AND
This weekend we will be throwing a special deal out that you may not be able to resist :) Stay tuned

You have dogs ... We got CATS ... As you can see we have them trained very well. :)

R

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Those cats are a hoot, Richard! We have a couple bengals...girlfriend's cats. Actually, my pups went down 3 or 4 years ago within a couple weeks of each other. Still miss 'em. Been using that avatar since LT days...sorta attached to it!!

·
Vendor
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Reid, Pets are the pits :-( It took us a few years before we decided to get these monsters. They are brothers and rescue kitties had to take them both. ;-) Our last kitty "Allez" was an outside cat and was "THE KILLER" 8 pounds of bird terror ;-) She left us at only 10 years old and we were stunned for a long time ... I cried like a baby .... Not very manly Richard

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
They like your bags, it appears. Obviously know quality! Heck, I blubbered like a baby when had to put the girls down....I make no apology for that.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Richard,
Any chance you'd make a longer strap for the pad to go around an RDL seat? I bought one of your 33 L seat bags at the rally. Kathy gave me an extension strap, but it's still a bit too short to wrap around the tractor seat without scrunching it up. I can get you measurements. I was going to have one of our local shops make it here, but they seem to have gone out of business.

·
Vendor
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Richard,
Any chance you'd make a longer strap for the pad to go around an RDL seat? I bought one of your 33 L seat bags at the rally. Kathy gave me an extension strap, but it's still a bit too short to wrap around the tractor seat without scrunching it up. I can get you measurements. I was going to have one of our local shops make it here, but they seem to have gone out of business.
send me a photo of your application

·
Registered
455 Posts
You see how the strap really squishes the seat material up? It's because there's no hook portion on the other end of the strap, or at least not far enough down.

·
Vendor
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the images!!! We do not sell to many rearseatbags for seats this large.
Rather than send you another extention to add in. give me the FULL distance you need and we will send you ONE long one. Need you to email me an address at [email protected]

The one below worked ... But ;-)

Richard

·
Registered
455 Posts
Just need 1 extension strap that is about 12" longer than the standard one. The circumference is about 44".

My Wunderlich rack bag came in today. It works pretty good with the Isotta rack as well. The front straps line up perfectly. The back straps have enough length to reach the rear holes and make it back. Works for me. Still mad that someone stole my old one off my bike at the wreck scene.

·
Vendor
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The RKA Wunderlich 21 liter rack bag was designed for THAT rack, Do not recommend using it on another rack that does not line up

1 - 12 of 12 Posts