BMW K1600 Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
You should probably shut your computer down too....there are viruses that can be spread over the internet.
I appreciate geography is completely different in America to the UK and you have a lot more open spaces but a three hundred mile ride with a fuel stop and a stop at an eatery when it’s not essential! - this virus spreads like wildfire - last week a close friend of mine died (age 63) - you can’t see this enemy and it does not exclude motorcycle riders - 100 deaths so far in South Carolina may be a small number to the size of the population, thank god you are not in New York.
I won’t comment any further.
Andy,

Leave 'em to it, I work on the front line in a hospital in the UK and take you view on it, Trump's their leader, nuff said......

·
Registered
53 Posts
So I’m breaking quarantine last weekend and going for a ride and put a few hundred miles on the bike. As I’m riding around Edisto Beach (which was a fricken’ ghost town as compared to normal), I‘m monkeying around with the wonder wheel and other buttons on the handlebars that’s I don’t typically use.

Anyway, fast forward to early afternoon and I pass a Cracker Barrel. I figure I’ll get a late breakfast and ride back to a park I had just passed and have something to eat. I walk into the Cracker Barrel in my ‘stitch and it’s like I’m wearing a hazmat suit or something with the looks I get. I get some stuff to go and they bag it all up for me. I’m thinking I’ll put it in the trunk and hit the park. I come back and press the lock on the trunk and, lo and behold, the trunk doesn’t open. Hmm, that’s odd. I never lock it and it should pop right open. Well, no worries, I’ll just dig out the key and use the key. I keep the key in that little compartment on the left side. You know, the one that locks. Yep, that won’t open either. Dang, I’m a little confounded. Has there been an EMP strike while I was in the Cracker Barrel is my first thought? Well, maybe I need to start the bike. I set my food down in the parking lot and hit the master power switch. I hop on the bike and try to start it. Yep, starts right up. Ok, good, I’m thinking, no EMP and now I won’t get stuck here (although, if you gotta get stuck, a Cracker Barrel is a good place to be stuck). I figure I’ll get the key now so I can get in the trunk. I push in the lock and that compartment on the left side.

No joy. what the heck? So I sit there for a few minutes while my bacon and sausage is getting cold thinking through what did I do different on this trip? As my eyes flow across the dash, I think about what I was doing with the wonder wheel and exploring all of those options. Hmmm, no, nothing relative. Then I start looking at the buttons. Ohhhh.... yeah, that little one that looks like a key on the right side of the handlebars? Apparently that locks all of the locks on the bike. Well now I’m hoping I can press it again and it will unlock everything since, you know, I’ve only got the one key. Phwew. Yep, that solved the problem. I know, I know, first world problem. View attachment 141300 View attachment 141301
Yeah, I could read the manual(several times) and learn a bunch of stuff I don’t know. The problem is I would have forgotten enough in a month to still need to look it up anyway. Glad you got it handled with a bit of investigation. Enjoy the miles.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Says the guy who would be speaking German if it weren't for the colonists.
Fluent German cheers, your problem is? Oh yes, Trump, go on, try injecting bleach, it will protect you and bring down your health care premium no doubt FFS.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I knew that the GTL came with Hill Start assist, but mine is a late '16, and I was told by the unknowledgeable dealer that the feature started on '17s, along with reverse and gear shift assist.

A whole year after I owned the bike, I pulled the brake lever in extra hard on a hill in a church parking lot while starting to roll while I was changing my music choice in the glove box…and lo and behold! Whaddya know? That "H" actually meant something :oops: :cool:
My 15 has Hill Assist.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That's funny. All I got to say is RTFM.
As a GL1500 owner I'm used to central locking (though not the electrical type), so I found that little button right away. As to the BMW version, I really don't understand why a motorcycle needs car-like remote central locking with a fob, how silly and needlessly complicated. Just one of the many gewgaws on the bike waiting to break. But I do use it every time I park the bike.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Couldn't disagree more, horses for courses I suppose. I find 'keyless ride' an absolute joy and wouldn't buy any bike without it. Never have to search my pockets for a key unless I want to open the seat or release the side bags for removal. Before switching off, I just press the handlebar key button, centrally lock and walk away. Ditto on return, no searching for key, no key rattling around on the dash etc etc. Great little gismo all round.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Do you not realise there is a world pandemic going on and people are dying because people keep moving around spreading the virus?
In the UK that journey is illegal.
Don’t you think you are being selfish?
I would love to go for a ride but don’t.
I think you best stay at home and read your manual and become better acquainted with your motorcycle.
Whaaaaaaa.......Holier than thou.....

21 - 30 of 30 Posts