BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As per my topic. I am off on another nice ride tomorrow at the moment I am only halfway into the required run in klms. so by tomorrow afternoon, I will have done enough klms. and enjoyed a full day riding through some of the best motorbike roads in NSW. The countryside is recovering from the bush fires and drought and becoming greener every day with rain, it's a nice feeling to ride through country areas that were so burnt and brown with no water in the rivers and dams just over 1.5 months ago. It rides like this that makes you feel so blessed to experience our wonderful country.
IMG_1734.jpeg
IMG_1735.jpeg

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well, I started out this morning around 8 am with showers most of the morning while traveling along Thunderbolts way to Walcha on the tablelands with the rain easing I made my descent to the Australian Country Music Capital Tamworth. Stopped there for lunch then continued south on the New England highway toward home (Newcastle ). I arrived home around 4.30 pm with enough sunlight to allow the bike to cool down while walking the dog then wash the bike and blow dry it before putting it to bed. I now have enough klms on the clock to have my first service done on Monday. On the way to Walcha, there is a lookout but sadly today it was covered in fog and mist but while there for a brief stop met up with the old guy who owned the 1939 Villiers in the trailer and he told me he rides it weekly and has never let him down in 20 years of ownership. I took a few photos of it, Note the saddlebags and old port used as a top case lol. all original he said. The while heading further west towards Tamworth the sun came out so I could not resist pulling over to take a couple of photos on this wonderful country of ours. I am pleased with the bike being so smooth the gearbox felt fantastic. I don't ride to conserve fuel and won't say some of the speeds I did today lol but over the 640 klms I averaged 5.1 ltrs per 100 kms , That's about 46.1 mpg-US and 55.4 MPG- UK I would get much better if I rode to look after the fuel economy but would not have had near as much fun.:cool:;)(y):geek:
IMG_1746.jpeg IMG_1745.jpeg IMG_1744.jpeg IMG_1743.jpeg IMG_1742.jpeg IMG_1741.jpeg IMG_1740.jpeg IMG_1739.jpeg IMG_1735.jpeg

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was it up hill both ways?
Dan, you're a funny guy but most of it was upside down because we are down under lol. I wondered where you were the other day, funny how you do not see a person online for a while and you wonder if they are well? I hope you and yours are all fit and well.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I could say I've been practicing "social distancing" but I've just been anxiously awaiting delivery of my new wheels which were picked up last Thursday by the transport company. And guess what!!! I got a call yesterday from them and as I waited for them to quote me their standard 3-5 week delivery schedule from Minnesota to Florida the nice lady said "can you be ready for delivery......TOMORROW?" Well, "holy cheese on a cracker" Batman! I should be riding by this afternoon. I have to go clean up my garage again and make a nest for my little baby.... Woo! Hoo! I'll be sure to update my profile picture soon. I haven't told my son yet he's as anxious as me. We went horse back riding together on Saturday and that's all he could talk about driving there and back. I hope you're enjoying your new ride.

·
Registered
177 Posts
most of it was upside down because we are down under lol.
I always wondered.... with you guys "down under" riding your bikes..... do you have to wear seat belts to stop you from falling off and do you have to use really sticky motorcycle tires to stay on the road?

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I always wondered.... with you guys "down under" riding your bikes..... do you have to wear seat belts to stop you from falling off and do you have to use really sticky motorcycle tires to stay on the road?
Dan, how stupid of you we wear full racing harness like motor car F1 cars have fitted its the only way to stay glued to the bike while being upside down the tyres / tires are made with a super glue compound. lol ????:eek::cool::pAny further inquiries can be forward to Australian Marketing.com .HEY YOU haha!!!

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I could say I've been practicing "social distancing" but I've just been anxiously awaiting delivery of my new wheels which were picked up last Thursday by the transport company. And guess what!!! I got a call yesterday from them and as I waited for them to quote me their standard 3-5 week delivery schedule from Minnesota to Florida the nice lady said "can you be ready for delivery......TOMORROW?" Well, "holy cheese on a cracker" Batman! I should be riding by this afternoon. I have to go clean up my garage again and make a nest for my little baby.... Woo! Hoo! I'll be sure to update my profile picture soon. I haven't told my son yet he's as anxious as me. We went horse back riding together on Saturday and that's all he could talk about driving there and back. I hope you're enjoying your new ride.
Congratulations and enjoy the bike, so happy for you.I know the feeling is one of the best that most would not experience if they don't ride a motorbike.Just one Question did you get a Pink Bike?

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 11 of 11 Posts