BMW K1600 Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
I recently moved to Kerrville, TX. Two of the well known “Twisted Sisters” have the same issue right now. I ride 336 every few weeks in hopes of improvement. So far not. That method should be banned.

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
The surface of the Coronado Trail, AZ Hwy 191, is now so loose that about 25% of the length is downright dangerous. Like little marbles on top of pavement.

Arizona should be ashamed.

BTW: NM Hwy 180 has a lot of new asphalt and without traffic is a real delight.
Pennsylvania does the same. I occasionally come across chip and sealed roads that have a full inch and more of loose gravel. Can be scary.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Equally bad in Arizona is the gravel that they spread when it snows, which accumulate into piles at corners and intersections and they never clean it up.

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Also rode AZ 366 and found some very loose chip & seal too. GREAT road but there will be traffic and zero legal passes.

Screenshot from BBR?

·
Administrator
17,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The map is MapSource, the review I don't recall.

·
Registered
2021 K1600 GTL
2 Posts
Oh, I know that is 100% true. they are to be avoided for weeks after done.

We call it tar and chip around here.
The surface of the Coronado Trail, AZ Hwy 191, is now so loose that about 25% of the length is downright dangerous. Like little marbles on top of pavement.

Arizona should be ashamed.

BTW: NM Hwy 180 has a lot of new asphalt and without traffic is a real delight.

RL. Great timing on this. Was just planning a ride trip to Coronado Trail for next month. Won’t waste the trip for bad roads. Well, there’s always Arkansas....

21 - 26 of 26 Posts