BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just checked the Dunlop website and there is a current rebate on a set of RS3's, if installed at a "Pro Dealer". $60 visa card. I entered a purchase date of today to see if it would qualify. Since I do not install my own tires, this works for me. The dealer I use is a pro dealer, has prices within $5 of Revzilla and charges $15 per wheel to mount and balance. With me bringing the wheels in, off the bike. I see that the rebate actually started on February 15th.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Just bought a set during the Montreal Motorcycle show from Pete's Superbike for $335.34CDN delivered to my door, less the $40.00CDN rebate from Dunlop = $295.34CDN for a replacement set of Dunlop's RS3:cool:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Being I'm in need of a rear tire, I found the dunlop rebate website, and it indicates at least one mentioned above is through April 30th here in the U.S.

For those ignorant like me, the rs3 is known as the "sportmax roadsmart III" or "sportmax roadsmart 3". you might not see this if you have tunnel vision, looking for RS3 or road smart 3, like I did. o_O

There is a $60 visa card for buying a pair, as mentioned above, but your invoice/receipt has to show there was some kind of service performed. According to the website, it could even be for a oil change. I guess they want to help out the dealer, by ensuring it's making money on more than just selling a couple of tires. Plugging in just a tire (rear in my example) they offer a $20 visa card.

·
Premium Member
6,600 Posts
Dunlop rebate is for tires bought at a shop. There is no current rebate for tires bought on the internet.

Duane

·
Registered
265 Posts
Gunnert is correct. I could have implicitly mentioned that in my post. That being said, I don't recall ever seeing a manufacturer's rebate for anything being sold/bought online. I'm guessing they're trying to support their dealers, as well as maybe trying to ensure the tires are "professionally" installed for the purpose of honoring warranties at some point.

·
Premium Member
6,600 Posts
@bikerj , oh contrare WRT to Dunlop rebates, this is the first one I've seen in 4 years that does NOT include tires bought on the internet. I've been putting off buying and waiting on the rebate. I gave up last week and ordered 2 sets from Revzilla. :)

Duane

·
Premium Member
5,173 Posts
Yup, Duane is correct. This is the first I've seen it as well. Usually the rebates include online sales.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Well, I'm all for the most discount I can get, so if anyone knows of any current online sales with rebates, I'd love to hear about them, or even if someone in the DFW area price matches/beats online prices.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm not reading the rebate the same as you guys, I believe online sales are OK. Sierra BMW is a Dunlop Pro Dealer, offer free shipping and they are generally the same price as Revzilla also. I just ordered a set, I'll post how it works out.

·
Registered
64 Posts
You may be right, time will tell. This is from the rebate PDF "Offer available only at an authorized participating Dunlop Motorcycle Pro Dealer retailers in the US and Canada. Purchases made through distributors, Amazon or online auctions, including Ebay, do not qualify. Valid only with a copy of proof of purchase, which clearly identifies seller’s name and contact information, invoice number, date of purchase, purchased product model name, quantity and customer information." No where does it say that online purchases are excluded, just Amazon and online auctions. I know if you try to submit it as an online purchase it says no rebates for online purchaes at this time so I will try to do a mail in form. No matter what a set of RS3's for $282 shipped to my door isn't to bad. here's the PDF link https://www.dunlopmotorcycletires.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/2128_FebruaryAprilPDRebate_Final.pdf

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Just checked the Dunlop site and if you buy a set from a "Pro Dealer" then you get a $60 rebate card. The interestesting thing is, my local BMW shop is not listed as a "Pro Dealer" so no rebate! I'll call the BMW shop to confirm but i found it odd that Cycle Gear (do they even have a shop??) is recognized as a Pro Shop by Dunlop but not BMW...

·
Premium Member
6,600 Posts
@FloRider , old news, the Pro Rebate from Dunlop has been available for over a month. Read the first post in this thread from @capav8r , Matt, "...rebate actually started on February 15th."

Duane

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Thanks, @Gunnert. My point is my local BMW shop is not listed as a "Pro Dealer" so having to use a Honda dealer or Cycle Gear to purchase/mount tires...

·
Premium Member
6,600 Posts
I'm happy for you @mmroadster, what's your point? So, you got a $40 rebate for purchasing tires at a DEALER.... duh...

The reference for your rebate is still on the Dunlop website. It reads:

FEB 15 - APR 30, 2020

To qualify for this rebate offer, tires must be purchased from a Dunlop Pro Dealer location.

Purchase 1 tire and get a $20 rebate.
Purchase 2 tires and get a $40 rebate.
Purchase 2 tires + Installation and get a $60 rebate.

Duane

·
Premium Member
6,600 Posts
Some how you got over, you must be special. The rebate website does NOT accept requests for purchases online. I tried 2 months ago when I bought 2 sets. I just tried again. I'm happy for you.

Duane

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm happy for you @mmroadster, what's your point? So, you got a $40 rebate for purchasing tires at a DEALER.... duh...

The reference for your rebate is still on the Dunlop website. It reads:

FEB 15 - APR 30, 2020

To qualify for this rebate offer, tires must be purchased from a Dunlop Pro Dealer location.

Purchase 1 tire and get a $20 rebate.
Purchase 2 tires and get a $40 rebate.
Purchase 2 tires + Installation and get a $60 rebate.

Duane
But it doesn't say....... To qualify for this rebate offer, tires must be purchased from a Dunlop Pro Dealer location in person.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Some how you got over, you must be special. The rebate website does NOT accept requests for purchases online. I tried 2 months ago when I bought 2 sets. I just tried again. I'm happy for you.

Duane
I didn't get anything over anyone, I mailed it in and if you look at the PDF it doesn't excluded online sales. Why their website won't allow it but mail in is okay I can't answer. Just letting others know, I though that was what forums were about.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts