BMW K1600 Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Hmmmm, I wonder if @Farzad The Happy Barber has an opinion on this (other than being disgusted that anyone would be satisfied with the shave they get from an electric razor)? :eek:

·
Sir Robin’s Lead Minstrel
1,351 Posts
I shave in the shower with a Schick hydro 5, bar of soap and shower mirror.
Darby, did you by any chance happen to be a fan of Andy Rooney of 60-Min.? He advocated the same, but with a single-blade safety razor.

Reactions: Darbinco

·
Sir Robin’s Lead Minstrel
1,351 Posts
Check out SAXX underwear, SAXX Underwear® | Life Changing Men's Underwear. They are as advertised!
My first reaction in looking at their site was that I'm way too portly for a company that clearly seems to be targeting the very athletic, but apparently lots of pudgy guys like me are fond of them, because they're sold out of nearly everything in loose or relaxed XXL. In fact, this is the only style in stock, and I'm not feeling the love:

·
Q
5,251 Posts
My first reaction in looking at their site was that I'm way too portly for a company that clearly seems to be targeting the very athletic, but apparently lots of pudgy guys like me are fond of them, because they're sold out of nearly everything in loose or relaxed XXL. In fact, this is the only style in stock, and I'm not feeling the love:
View attachment 144340
REI carries Saxx as well. I wont wear anything else now. They will ship right to your house or you can pick them up in store if you have one close.

Quest 2.0 are the bomb. You dont want them loose. I wear a large with a 38-40” waist.

·
Q
5,251 Posts
Darby, did you by any chance happen to be a fan of Andy Rooney of 60-Min.? He advocated the same, but with a single-blade safety razor.
I know who he is and have watched some of his stories but didnt follow close enough to know the details of his favorite shave. Isnt the term “single blade safety razor“ a bit of an oxymoron?

I only have to scrape my face about every 3 days. A combination of slow to no whisker growth and self employment makes one disposable head last about 6 months. Shaving is probably the least expensive personal item I need.. I spend more money on shampoo and deodorant than I do razors.

·
Outta This World
1,748 Posts
View attachment 144340
Speaking as a double cheeseburger kinda guy they are the SH!T. The best riding shorts ever. The best anything shorts ever truth be told but they are too expensive for a lot of other activities.

·
Q
5,251 Posts
There are times when I wish I didn't convert everything I read into pictures in my head.. no offense of course.

:oops:
Dont forget the Pinaud Clubman and a fine horsehair duster for the berries!
(hows that for a picture?😂😂😂)

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
In 45 years never had an electric that was worth a ****. They are all in a shoe box in my closet. A waste of money
I'll pay the postage to take them off your hands. Why keep junk?

·
Registered
398 Posts
You live in the land of Truefitt & Hill, Geo F. Trumper, Penhaligon's, D.R. Harris, and Taylor of Old Bond Street. How could you even consider using an electric razor? Like driving a Chevy in Italy.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Braun series 9000, top of the line!
German shaver, German bike. Duh. Also have a VW (I know, not as cool as the Audi or Porsche guys; unless you consider Chiron is also a “VW”).

·
Registered
137 Posts
Based on several recommendations here, I bought a Panasonic Arc 5 and it is way better than my top of the line Norelco and Braun and it was on sale for $119.00 at Best Buy. Thanks for all the recommendations.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Braun series 9000, top of the line!
German shaver, German bike. Duh. Also have a VW (I know, not as cool as the Audi or Porsche guys; unless you consider Chiron is also a “VW”).
The Japanese are renown for the sharpest durable blades.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hmmmm, I wonder if @Farzad The Happy Barber has an opinion on this (other than being disgusted that anyone would be satisfied with the shave they get from an electric razor)? :eek:
I am sorry for the late response, just logged in after a few days, I actually never used an electric shaver, I use straight razor for my clients and have a beard myself. And I f I shave my face it would be a razor!

21 - 38 of 38 Posts