BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wasn't expecting this much oil to come out. Apparently this is from someone over filling it in the past. Looks like my OR floor after a splenectomy.

·
Premium Member
7,159 Posts
If you haven't already you should check your air filter. The tray that that tube is attached to is under the air filter.

Reactions: 1004ron

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you haven't already you should check your air filter. The tray that that tube is attached to is under the air filter.
That's what I was replacing when I decided to go hunt for the tube. Air filter was clean, but I replaced it anyway.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I spotted the problem right away.......there is an A & W ROOT Beer can in the picture......that should immediately be replaced with a quality Belgian ale, German Weissbeir or Irish stout of your choice!;)

·
Registered
169 Posts
I pulled the "BMW" cover off my '20 GTL. While there were a couple shrouded wires in that area, I didn't find any tubing at all. There was one drain tube a little farther back. No plug in it.

·
Registered
2013 GTL
754 Posts
I pulled the "BMW" cover off my '20 GTL. While there were a couple shrouded wires in that area, I didn't find any tubing at all. There was one drain tube a little farther back. No plug in it.
The gas tank filler cap overflow is the same size tube in the same area, so that might be what you're seeing.

I couldn't find mine at first, and after digging and finding it, nothing came out when I pulled its plug.

When I pulled the complete air box and tank for the Quickshifter install, and I laid the air box on its side on the floor a lot of dirty water ran out, so obviously the drain had plugged from not being used.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I spotted the problem right away.......there is an A & W ROOT Beer can in the picture......that should immediately be replaced with a quality Belgian ale, German Weissbeir or Irish stout of your choice!;)
Glass bottles don't make good receptacles for waste fluids, and quality beer doesn't come in cans.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had to grab a flashlight and a pair of large forceps (having spare surgical instruments in the tool box is a great idea) to find it and dig it out. Was pretty deep and only identifiable by the cap.

Reactions: Gunnert

·
Registered
169 Posts
I probably need to go digging in her innards, then! As an RN, I may have forceps stashed somewhere. Thanks for the tip!

I found the condensate drain. I reached behind the frame and found it on the far side of the driveshaft. Short little bugger. Barely long enough to reach past the frame so I could catch anything in a cup. I pulled the plug. There was nothing in it. Peace of mind knowing it's been done.

·
Registered
2013 GTL
754 Posts
I probably need to go digging in her innards, then! As an RN, I may have forceps stashed somewhere. Thanks for the tip!

I found the condensate drain. I reached behind the frame and found it on the far side of the driveshaft. Short little bugger. Barely long enough to reach past the frame so I could catch anything in a cup. I pulled the plug. There was nothing in it. Peace of mind knowing it's been done.
Or its plugged like mine was.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts