BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know when 2020 GT orders stop and they go to only 2021? My dealer has had a blue GT with forged wheels on order for me since March. He isn’t even seeing any blue ones in the system let alone ones with forged wheels. Sounds like we know the blue is being dropped for 2021 but what about the forged wheels? Any help?

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
According to Vienna he got the last one in Germany so it sounds like they are winding down real soon.

Reactions: Geoff_3

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
According to Vienna he got the last one in Germany so it sounds like they are winding down real soon.
Hope there is one more left for me!

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Spoke to my dealer and they have been told that the K1600 engine is no longer being produced, existing units being put into th e2021 model which has cosmetics/colour changes only, after that EU5 chokes the engine too much so maybe a replacement in the wings?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Spoke to my dealer and they have been told that the K1600 engine is no longer being produced, existing units being put into th e2021 model which has cosmetics/colour changes only, after that EU5 chokes the engine too much so maybe a replacement in the wings?
Might and might not be true. Over the last 18 years I've heard plenty of stuff from dealerships regarding different models that ended up not being anywhere close to accurate. Time will tell

·
International Man of Mystery
3,280 Posts
Mine was production date 07-14 with delivery to the dealer 2 weeks later. At the time of ordering there was only one bike in this configuration available from the current production run which could have been very well the last one for the 2020 models. The blue GT appears to be a rare animal and if you still want one, you need to look for cancellations across the dealer network.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did a Contact Us on BMW website. They actually called me. They are checking with regional management and my dealer to see what they can do. They said quotas for US is different than Europe so maybe there is a chance. Will hear back in a few days.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts