BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day,
Twice recently the yellow engine warning light has come on whilst riding. I turned off the ignition and then on again and the warning light goes. To investigate I bought the OBDC adapter mentioned in another thread on the forum. I found; Unknown trouble code 3A1132. Not very helpful and so far neither is Google. Does anybody know what it might be?
Cheers

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
the manufactures OBDC web site might give a clue, what occured prior to the dashlight popping up

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
You may want to look at your fan motor circuit.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
I had the same. A big fly had jammed my fan and the warning light would go off when I powered the bike on and off. When riding and the fan should have come on, it was stuck and the error light would come on. Cleared the fan and all ok

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
Thank you so much. I'll go looking.

I've book marked the site for future reference :)
Keep us posted!

Which OBD reader are you using?

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
OBDLink MX Bluetooth.

The fan is working so I plan to 'monitor' it and see if the error returns.
Coming on ≠ Working properly

Could be it comes on for a bit, the computer sees that it pulls too much current (for whatever reason) and gets shut down... Could be dirty plug... Could be bearings that are dragging a little more than they should... Could be something that the airstream is causing to interfere with the movement of the fan... Could be any of several things wrong that causes the current load to increase and toss that code and still allow the fan appear to be working normally...

:smile:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts