BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched and can't really find a current answer.
I am picking up a used K16B today, hehehehe woohooo...
I asked the sales guy about extended warranty and he said I had to purchase it when I get the bike. Is this a sales tactic or do I have to purchase it at time of sale in Canada?
I know with Harleys, I could purchase it right up to the time before factory warranty expires.
Any info would be great.
If the sales guy is correct, is there any Canadian third party extended warranties out there?

·
Upside Down
1,185 Posts
Here in Oz, you have to buy the extended warranty when you buy the bike. I never bother as these bikes don't have enough issues that would warrant the cost, providing you service your bike when it is required as per the manufacturer's recommendations, you would have a reliable bike for years. These are not like Harleys and have better build quality. But if an extended warranty makes you feel better to buy it. We in Australia have to purchase the BMW extended warranty when buying the bikes if I remember correctly I could be wrong but then again I have never bothered and owned enough BMW`s to know I don't need to the waste that sort of dollars when I can put it into buying accessories etc. This is just my opinion and 2 cents worth.

Reactions: XtBimmer

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your input Geoff_3, appreciate the input.
Woohoo finally got me bike, hehehe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts