BMW K1600 Forum banner

101 - 120 of 161 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,990 Posts
Yes, I'm thinking the small loop I have mapped (post #88) on Sunday and the large one on Monday.
Anyone else up for a couple more days of riding in this area of Arizona?
We will see about the long loop. I have yet to ride this bike further than 100 miles at a time. I dont know how well the seat on the XR and my backside will get along for that many miles. Of course it might not matter if I cant keep @gooddog off the motorcycle. >:)

Clay,
Are you in for 2 more nights in Pinetop?

·
Premium Member
1,192 Posts
We will see about the long loop. I have yet to ride this bike further than 100 miles at a time. I dont know how well the seat on the XR and my backside will get along for that many miles. Of course it might not matter if I cant keep @gooddog off the motorcycle. >:)

Clay,
Are you in for 2 more nights in Pinetop?
I think I can, I think I can, ... Although I may have to haul as* back down the hill at the end for appointments I cannot change.

I'm kinda worried that you might fall in love with sweet '12 model when I ride your new scoot. Sorry, Darby, it's not for sale. :crying:

·
Premium Member
4,990 Posts
I'm kinda worried that you might fall in love with sweet '12 model when I ride your new scoot. Sorry, Darby, it's not for sale. :crying:
Ohh I wouldnt be worried about that if I were you.

You should be worried about falling in love with the XR

You will be able to feel your wallet evaporate between 2nd and 3rd gear! :lol:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Booked at last minute. Trip to Greece was cancelled due to wife having emergency surgery on foot. OK no wise cracks as to where the foot was at the time...LOL....

·
Premium Member
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Great AZK1600GTL
I need to call the lodge and see how many of you folks are booked just as an FYI.
I'm having carpel tunnel hand surgery tomorrow (Thursday)but should be able to call later in the day or Friday and find out. I'll let Ya'll know when I do.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Jim,

I called for my email confirmation today. Lauren said she has 10 Booked and 4 on hold as of this morning (Thursday) I hope the surgery goes well.

·
Premium Member
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Jim,

I called for my email confirmation today. Lauren said she has 10 Booked and 4 on hold as of this morning (Thursday) I hope the surgery goes well.
Thanks for the update Victor. It should be a nice size crowd.

The surgery went well, per the surgeon, the hand is still numb so I won't know more until later tonight or tomorrow. I had local anesthesia and was able to watch him cut on a video monitor. I was there for 2 hours most of which was prep. The actual surgery of the trigger thumb and carpal tunnel was about 15 minutes.

·
Premium Member
4,990 Posts
@Arizona Jim

I just rode the 92 loop yesterday (Montrose to Blue Mesa Res. Up 92 to Crawford, Hotchkiss, Delta and home) on the XR. I did ok but I think theres an issue with the seat, my lower back aches a good bit after a couple hundred miles on it. I dont know how well I will do on the long loop from Pine Top. I could always shorten it for myself, ride out 100 miles or so then turn around and ride back.

Either way, I'm still interested in extending this another couple nights to make the trip down there worth while.

·
Premium Member
1,192 Posts
@Arizona Jim

I did ok but I think theres an issue with the seat, my lower back aches a good bit after a couple hundred miles on it. I dont know how well I will do on the long loop from Pine Top. I could always shorten it for myself, ride out 100 miles or so then turn around and ride back.
PUSSi !

·
Premium Member
3,070 Posts
A couple things;

Jim I hope your hand heals up quick. You are a healthy guy so it will heal fast.

Darby you won't be able to lose Clay. It doesn't matter what you are riding. Kevin knows this.

I officially will not make this trip. I'll try again next year if you do it again. Have fun & be safe!

·
Premium Member
1,192 Posts
A couple things;

Jim I hope your hand heals up quick. You are a healthy guy so it will heal fast.

Darby you won't be able to lose Clay. It doesn't matter what you are riding. Kevin knows this.

I officially will not make this trip. I'll try again next year if you do it again. Have fun & be safe!
Poop Chris, it won't be the same without you. We generally need one adult in the crowd! We'll see you down the road.

Don't worry about Darby, he can surely leave me in the dust anytime he wants. If Kevin had not been pushing me so hard, I'd never gotten down the hill that fast! :surprise:

Enjoy the working, Jim and I need the social security pmts....

·
Premium Member
4,990 Posts
Don't worry about Darby, he can surely leave me in the dust anytime he wants. If Kevin had not been pushing me so hard, I'd never gotten down the hill that fast! :surprise:
For those of you viewing this from the sidelines.. you might put your hip waders on now... the BS is getting deep! :grin:

Clay,
Cant wait to see you again my friend, I'll let you buy me dinner 10 days from now!

·
Premium Member
1,192 Posts
Clay,
Cant wait to see you again my friend, I'll let you buy me dinner 10 days from now!
Dang! Was that you I promised a meal to? I guess after the 20 lbs of BBQ I have consumed at your table, you're due a payback.
Take care of my new ride! >:)

·
Premium Member
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
A couple things;

We'll see how this years 666 ride works out. Maybe another one next year. The hand operation went well although it doesn't feel any different than before the operation. Time will tell if it was worthwhile. I'll see you down the road somewhere.

·
Premium Member
4,990 Posts
For those wanting to spend a couple more days in the area I think moving to Pinetop would be the best plan. I have 2 loops figured out. One is 86 miles (1 1/2 hours) that we could do on Sunday along with a breakfast in Hannagan Meadows and then a 279 mile (5 hours) loop on Monday.
There is a top notch steak house nearby with THE BEST prime rib.

There is a Best Western with room rates at $77/night for that Sunday and Monday. https://www.hotels-rates.com/hotel/us-az-pinetop-1067.html
I just booked Sunday and Monday night here in Pine Top.

The price has gone up a little bit since this was posted however.. I used my hotels.com app and upgraded to free cancellation (usually 10 bucks a night extra) up to the 12th and still came in under what their website listed as a total. I could have gotten them for even less but I'm not a fan of non-refundable hotel reservations.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just rode the loop this weekend. Fountain Hills, Payson, Show Low, Alpine, Morenci, Globe, Cave Creek. 588 miles. Roads are in good condition all the way (small road work area in the mine @ Morenci). Stayed at the Mountain Hi. Clean but VERY basic. Think one step above camping with no refrigerator. Wives joining you will not be impressed. Plan on Dinner at the Foxfire in Alpine. Good spot. Beautiful area! Heads up for wildlife at all hours!

101 - 120 of 161 Posts