BMW K1600 Forum banner

161 - 175 of 175 Posts

·
Texas Thorn
2,303 Posts
@Arizona Jim and @gooddog I was just look through this from last fall. It was great fun. Our world has definitely changed, but I hope we get to do it again.

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
Can't wait Roland....Perfect weather, good folks...

·
Steve's Brother
6,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
Thanks for the memories.

·
Q
5,247 Posts
Could we get a hotel this year that doesnt have weeds growing up the walls in the rooms?
😂😂😂

Actually the place we stayed wasnt bad, not much available in the area so you take what you can get.

·
Texas Thorn
2,303 Posts
Yeah, I and coulda' p**ed more water that my shower put out....but guys, it was an adventure and hanging out with good friends....:)

Reactions: Prince and Darbinco

·
Q
5,247 Posts
Yeah, I and coulda' p**ed more water that my shower put out....but guys, it was an adventure and hanging out with good friends....:)
@rsmith
Have you talked your friend into trading that green bass boat for a B model yet? 😂

Hows he doing? (I forgot his name😬)

The motel... I would call it primitive accomadations..

It was fun though, great times. You guys should have stuck around for the extra day. If I were to go down there again I would find a different route down there. The roads I took down and back were rough. I dodged a 3’ long pot hole that was about 12” deep on the reservation on the way home. Had I hit that.. I would have left the front end of the truck in it.

·
Texas Thorn
2,303 Posts
@Darbinco ... you mean Rick. No he’s still got the roadglide/bass boat. He got back in his truck when we got home. Said he’s been covered up since, except for a gash in his leg that got infected. Was helping his brother set a body in a street rod. It got really bad before they got in under control. Healed up and back on the road. That was my last trip, except local rides. Covid squashed our normal spring rides to hill country. My K is in Santa Fe for the tranny recall. Gonna sneak into NM Saturday morning, snatch up and back home by night. Been too hot here to ride anyway. 105 to 110 for a week.

·
Q
5,247 Posts
@Darbinco ... you mean Rick. No he’s still got the roadglide/bass boat. He got back in his truck when we got home. Said he’s been covered up since, except for a gash in his leg that got infected. Was helping his brother set a body in a street rod. It got really bad before they got in under control. Healed up and back on the road. That was my last trip, except local rides. Covid squashed our normal spring rides to hill country. My K is in Santa Fe for the tranny recall. Gonna sneak into NM Saturday morning, snatch up and back home by night. Been too hot here to ride anyway. 105 to 110 for a week.
Yes, Rick.. He's good guy, good to hear he is ok.

Cole graduated high school a week ago today. Had a small party for him last weekend. Friday, Saturday and Sunday were all in the 100’s. Its been hot here as well. The last few days have been nice due to storms moving thru. Still too dry up here though.

·
Steve's Brother
6,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
If I can find a motel do you guys want to do that ride again this year? With the Covid thing I don't know how easy it will be to find something but I'm willing to look around.

Reactions: AZK1600GTL

·
Texas Thorn
2,303 Posts
I would go there again. We could even do a Texas Hill Country. It's usually a good time of year, but a long haul for a lot of you. Crap, I desperate. I guess I'd go anywhere.

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
I would go there again. We could even do a Texas Hill Country. It's usually a good time of year, but a long haul for a lot of you. Crap, I desperate. I guess I'd go anywhere.
That was a good run Roland. Twisted Sisters and all.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
I would try to make it again, last year weather leaving MO was terrible. Have had a ridiculously busy business season and would love to plan a good long ride.

·
Steve's Brother
6,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
I'm reading these replies. As we get closer to Fall I'll do some investigating for lodging and let everyone know what I find out.

161 - 175 of 175 Posts