BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Favorite song to accelerate to?

The one that popped into my head when I read the thread title was Individual Choice by Jean-Luc Ponty.Pretty much anything he plays induces an increase in speed but I thought this video seemed apropos...

·
Premium Member
5,784 Posts
I've got to got with both Born to be Wild and On the Road Again by Willie

When I get into mountain twisties with wide open vistas or deep valleys (think Beartooth Pass or Hwy 95 in Utah) I'll bring up my playlist with big western movie themes like The Magnificent Seven.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Heading out on a trip it has to be Vincent 52 by the Del McCurrey Band
On the return leg heading home it has to be "6 days on the road" and I'm gonna make it home tonight" by Dave Dudley

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Simple Plan, "Me Against The World".

It's best when played really loud.:smile:

The lyrics may not be suitable but the music will get your blood flowing.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I always Que up "Riding the Storm Out" in my mind when riding in the rain. REO Speedwagon.

Also, sometimes this song pops into my head when I leave my driveway.

And other times, when I'm caught up in it -

This one pops into my mind sometimes when I'm riding -

·
Premium Member
1,472 Posts
I had gotten 3 tickets in my youth 'launching' to Van Halen 'D.O.A.' The opening bars instantly transport you to a go go go state of mind. Juvenile as **** but hey, I was 16. These days I put the phone on shuffle or ask siri to play a genre or album depending on my mood.

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
No one song. I’m a weird duck with incredibly eclectic tastes (like at least a little bit of all genres, except rap/hip-hop), but my favorite two are heavy metal and classical. For non-classical, and “acceleration,” I prefer mostly new (as new is defined by a 51 year old) metal, believe it or not. Examples:

1. Godsmack: 1000 HP

Turn that [isht] up louder
Make it all go faster
Play until the witching hour
Take it to a thousand horsepower

That one is dangerous, because you feel like you’re sitting still without doing over 120 mph.

2. Halestorm: Loves Bites (So Do I)
Nothing to do with motorcycling, but it sure gets the blood pumping. For me, a true “acceleration song” must have a fast tempo, and include some angry screaming. :grin:
3. Five Finger Death Punch: Lift Me Up, ft. Rob Halford
4. In This Moment: Welcome To The Gun Show

“Old” hard rock:
KISS: Let Me Go, Rock and Roll; Rock and Roll All Night; Detriot, Rock City (despite the fact it’s a downer, with our go-fast protagonist dying in a car crash).
Judas Priest: Screaming For Vengeance; You’ve Got Another Thing Coming
Iron Maiden: Rhyme of The Ancient Mariner; Aces High; The Trooper
Ozzy: Crazy Train
Dio: Rainbow In The Dark
(Not hard rock, but still) Rush: Tom Sawyer

Commonly known classical:
Wagner: Ride of The Valkyries; Gotterdammerung, from Siegfried’s Rhine Journey through the immolation scene at the end.
Tchaikovsky: 1812 Overture (with live, digital cannons)
Dvorak: Symphony For The New World
John Williams: Olympic Fanfare

If I can’t get fired up from that, I need to go back to bed.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Small world, PLAGUE. I watched the Joe Walsh episode of Daryl's House last evening. His guitar solo on Daryl's old song Someone Like You is just magic. James Gang is on the stereo at the moment.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Plant & Paige, from Led Zeppelin., "Hangman" especially the ending. Used to run with a I-Pod shuffle. Tried to end a 6 mile run with that song.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Two hangmen hanging from a tree...Mason Proffit. ME262...Blue Oyster Cult. And of course...Steppenwolf

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Judas - You Got Another Thing Comin', Rush - Tom Sawyer -- right on. In my playlist. Good riding.

On the Godsmack front, I prefer Speak:

51? These may (or may not) be too heavy for you, but these are a few songs I dig when in a metal mood. Really need good bass for these:

Dope Die Mother ******, Die:
White Zombie, Cosmic Monsters:
**** Yeah, Demons in the Dirt:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts