BMW K1600 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
I note several Joe Walsh aficionados here, which brings to mind the favorite comment I ever heard by a DJ about “Life’s Been Good”: “Ya know? Every time I hear this song I can never figure out if he’s braggin’, or if he’s bi#@hin’.”

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
1. Born to be Wild, Steppenwolf
2. Bad to the Bone, George Thorogood
No dislike at all for Steppenwolf, but you’d expect it to be on a lot of lists; very nice on number 2, however. I pretty much love Thorogood’s rocked-up slide guitar, especially on his covers, like “Madison Blues” and “Move It On Over”.

I’ve always wondered if Hank, Sr., would have approved. I hope so, because it’s great.

·
Registered
981 Posts

Pick this up at the 6:00-11:00 minute mark if you are inclined.

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Usually, I just hit shuffle, and the tunes play as I need them. I can always hit skip if I disagree. 80's hair metal bands, Sabbath, Zeppelin, Maiden, Pink Floyd, Johnny Cash, Hendrix, Priest, Ray Charles, Hank Williams, KC Sunshine Band, VH, Def Leppard, Deep Purple, CSN&Y, Rush, Nazareth, FogHat, Queen, Motor City MadMan, The Who, Halestorm, Aerosmith, Shinedown, Scorpions...my iTunes library is full of good music, mostly complete albums, some greatest hits, a few single tunes.

But if I have to pick just one, just one band, to launch a ride: AC/DC tunes usually evoke in me a mood to put on as many miles as I can or care to today. They tend to create an emotional attitude which in turn brings the mental focus required for spirited riding. It can create a rebellious spirit within me that can lead to defiance of overly cautious internal voices telling me to be cautious, conform to the herd, sit on the sidelines and watch while life passes by. There is a general feeling of good-will and over-all happiness and optimism that life is good and everything is going to work out and be ok. I smile, hit the throttle, release the endorphins, and sing the lyrics I can understand and scream mumble the ones I don't while bobbing my head and feet to the rhythm of the guitars bass and drums. They say AC/DC just writes and plays the same song over and over and over again. Yeah...maybe. But ya gotta admit, it's a **** good song.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Joe Bonamassa - "Drive", has helped me maintain a nice pace across the Cherohala Skyway on many occasions! Nice, steady driving beat.

·
Registered
80 Posts
djfalenstein,

I can't believe you have the same favorite song as me (Roll Me Away).
That's been my LAUNCH song for many years now.
Actually, I have tickets to see Bob Seegar Sept. 28th in Salt Lake City. The last time I saw him in Chicago, he said that would be his last concert.................until now.
I also have tickets to see Mark Knopfler (Dire Straits) September 11th in SLC.

I am riding from Park City, Ut. in early October through Colorado into New Mexico to go to the "Balloon Fiesta"

ROLL ME AWAY!

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
I note several Joe Walsh aficionados here, which brings to mind the favorite comment I ever heard by a DJ about “Life’s Been Good”: “Ya know? Every time I hear this song I can never figure out if he’s braggin’, or if he’s bi#@hin’.”
I quote from "Life's Been Good" all the time (it's very quotable!).

"I can't complain but sometimes I still do."

"Everybody's so different, I'm still the same."

"Life's been good to me, so far."

I'm still 23 from the inside out and looking through my eyes. Sadly, mirrors vehemently disagree. SH!T!

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Randy Rhoads

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Massive Attack - Angel.

Starts out slow but it builds into a perfect highway song:

·
Premium Member
1,652 Posts
Joe Bonamassa - "Drive", has helped me maintain a nice pace across the Cherohala Skyway on many occasions! Nice, steady driving beat.
We discovered JB when he was still playing local clubs. Saw him half dozen times with a few hundred people in the room and 10 feet from the stage, and another few times in the bigger venues. I have tix to see him again in August....maybe.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Two favorites if I want to step it up a little or just taking off...
Europe - Final Countdown, and
B.T.O. - Roll on down the highway

21 - 40 of 50 Posts