BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took advantage of the warm weather to get some work done. Couldn't ride because the 5 y/o was home sick today. He stayed inside while I worked in the garage. My TPX radar detector arrived this week, along with the mount and some M6x60 screws from Amazon. I previously installed the rear camera from the K2 because it was easy. Might change its location once Clearwater does their makeover in June. Disassembling the plastic was pretty easy. I wrote down the location of each screw and punched it through the cardboard. This also gave me an assembly list when I put everything back together.

I managed to drop the center screw that holds the shiny part of the tank cover on. It didn't fall out the bottom. Luckily, I had spare screws from the old bike.
I ran the GPS cord for the Innovv K2 through the hole for the windscreen mechanism. Not interference when completely down or completely up. The cable runs down behind the speaker housing.

Everything had more cord than needed. Being a veterinarian, I went with the old adage "the client doesn't see what's inside" and stuffed the excess up in front of the horns. They are quite a bit louder than the 2012. In the final stage, I did put a zip tie around the excess to keep it somewhat secure. The two cables going up lead to the TPX visual alert and the Innovv GPS receiver. The one diving forward between the plastic, just tot he left of the screw leads to the front camera. It's mounted in front of the oil cooler, attached to the left bolt when viewed from the front.

This is what the cockpit looks like. I'm not super happy with the exposed bolts for the Adaptive mount, but can't really think of a better method. Left to right, I have my Chubby buttons BT controller for music, the TPX visual alert peeps out from in front of the Wunderlich Cockpit bag, a Gerbing remote controller is dual locked to the brake reservoir cover, and an Adaptiv TPX 2.0 sits atop an Adaptive Control mount.

At this point, I think I'm done. In addition to the stuff I've posted, I have Ilium highway pegs, a shifter extender since my foot doesn't want to move as well now and Aeroflow wings, Tall Hybrid windshield, and headlight cover. A Rowe Amplink controls power to the camera and radar detector.

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
I've been making a list of all the farkles I've added to the GT. It's a longer list than I anticipated when I got the bike! I blame this forum for all its good ideas!

I must remember the old cardboard trick for holding fixing screws ArmyMutt. Thanks for that. (y)

·
Premium Member
2,877 Posts
No such thing like final farkle. You are either a no farkle person (me, well not perfectly clean) or u are tied to the eternal purgatory of farkling.

·
Registered
22 Posts
No such thing like final farkle. You are either a no farkle person (me, well not perfectly clean) or u are tied to THE ETERNAL PURGATORY OF FARKLING.
:ROFLMAO: Bwahahaha!!!

I've had my GTL for less than 2 weeks, and I'm already a full-fledged, life-time member...

Is there a 12-Step Program for Farklers???

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Other than the Schrodie, I can't think of anything else to add. Don't need a second GPS. Horns are louder than my truck.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
I installed haptic feedback in the seat for my wife. It gives us something to talk about on trips.
Haptic feedback, eh? Why not step it up a notch? ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts