BMW K1600 Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Congrats on a beautiful new GTL. It truly is beautiful. I have heard others say they also could not get comfortable on an R1200/1250 due to back and shoulder pain. One of the most comfortable bikes I’ve ever owned was an R1200 GSA which was extremely modified ergonomically. Because I was missing the GSA, I now have a new one in my garage. Because it’s winter here, I’ve only ridden it about 3 miles total.
Thanks, Being honest, I loved the RT and have owned 3 in all. The R1250RT was the best of the 3, but it was going to cost me a lot of $$$ I did not want to spend to experiment and possibly end up with the same issue. I ran in the bike in over a weekend, loved the performance and handling, etc, but just could not get comfy on it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
But, but, but..... It's not pink!

Hey Geoff, congratulations. Looks beautiful. Still no word on my baby yet.

Happy riding (when you get her out).

Dan

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
But, but, but..... It's not pink!

Hey Geoff, congratulations. Looks beautiful. Still no word on my baby yet.

Happy riding (when you get her out).

Dan
Dan, they would be close as the parts and tools are finally flowing, the thing I find amazing is that here no manufacturer can sell or deliver a defective bike to a customer or dealership, yet BMW is doing just that by sending them to the dealerships and expecting them to do the fix on the stop-sale recall/defect instead of doing it in house as they are supposed to. By the way once your bike arrives go out buy some of that wonderful PINK Plastic Dip and paint your bike Pink lol please .!!!1;):sneaky::ROFLMAO::unsure:

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
:love::cool:

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Monday here in Oz so I am hoping the guy that's doing my Gearbox has finished the rebuild of the motor he was doing before he was able to dedicate the time to fix my bike so it can be registered and out of the shop into my hot little hands lol I am not excited or anything just impatient lol :cry::cool::unsure: I am thinking it should be close all going well by Thursday. Then if that is the delivery date and I get time the first things going on the bike will be the front OME engine bars and Illium Works rear luggage protection bars that I have leftover from my 2017 GTL then the Fender extender and Multi pod adaptor for my phone. That should take me around 2 to 3 hours max and all will be ready for the 1,000 klm. ride to run the bike in and have it serviced the following few days after delivery. Funny its taken 5.5 mths. to get the bike to the dealership and I am now as a big kid at Christmas. I am still thinking of doing a new set of Illium works highway pegs and just maybe a GT wider screen as they are lower than the GTL screen so a short arse like me can see over the top of the screen when it if foggy or frosty. I put a smaller wider screen on my Indian Road Master made by Klock Works and it was fantastic, I rode most of the time with it down and only raised it during rain but could still see over it instead of looking through the screen. I will post some pics of the bike and the add ons as I place them on the bike. The dealership is being fantastic and fitting the Akrapovic slip-on mufflers I have had in storage from the 2017 GTL for free, one less job although I could have done them my self as well.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Are the forward highway pegs BMW accessories?

I am picking up my new GTL on Saturday and want to add a set to the factory engine bars as well
I went with the Illium Works highway pegs they helped a lot and looked like they were original . Just a shame I gave them away and now have to pay heaps for new ones.

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
Both my GT's were white. I love that color. The RT didn't work for me because of the handlebars. They were set to far in like this / \ and hurt my wrists, arms and neck. I may look at it again if they change the bars and install the new TFT display.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Gorgeous bike, Geoff. I'll bet as the hours are growing short until you can actually take her out, that the excitement is building exponentially! Oh, and not only do those Akrapovics look good, they put out an awfully sweet noise!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts