BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
And her name is Bonnie!
Our BMW K1600 GTL Inline Six Cylinder.... She is one day old, smooth, fast, smart, and beautiful!
BMW Motorrad never answered straightforward and directly when our bike would actually be arriving in Canada, so we were tired of waiting and waiting and took a 2019, last year model from our dealer High Road Vancouver (who was great during all of these months), saved some good money and moving on..... Fast & Furious!
After all, 2020 is becoming a less likeable number anyway. Just hoping we can order the brown seats that we wanted when they are available. First ride was 681km!
Loving our Bonnie! 馃憣
I have named her after Dr.Bonnie Henry who is in charge of our COVID-19 in BC, and done a great job.

Premium Member
Congrats and good decision in my opinion.

Registered
Similar experience, wanted a Grand America, couldn't find one to locally to test, drove over 3 hours to test a new 2019. Deal was lots better than a 2020, same bike except the trans rebuild. Have 1300 miles in the month I've owned it, really happy!!

Happy riding........

Premium Member
Second fastest color and beautiful mountain roads. Lucky *******! Congratulations

Premium Member
I hope your wide doesn't read this forum otherwise you are in SO much trouble!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Reminds me: Long ago, I had a simple divorce case with two young people, in which the husband wanted to be sure he got his duck decoys, and our software at the time was WordPerfect, and also at the time, profanity would pass spell check on said software. So my legal assistant meant to type what I had dictated (back then; you do most of your own typing now in the legal profession), which was "Husband shall receive the ducks." But she did not in fact type "ducks," but she accidentally typed another, 4-letter word ending in "ucks," meaning something very different. I told her that was a deal the husband might very well prefer. Hey-oooo! :ROFLMAO:

And to @Farzad The Happy Barber, many congrats! After your last thread, I actually made myself a bet you'd do this before the other bike got here! Enjoy Bonnie. And nice Arais on the both of you, too! I have to ask, though, since it was in the pic: What were y'all eating that's sitting in the topcase?

Registered
Congratulations and well done on buying an excellent bike that will just get better the more you ride, the more you fall in love with them. Thanks also for sharing your fantastic photos.

Registered
Discussion Starter #19
Reminds me: Long ago, I had a simple divorce case with two young people, in which the husband wanted to be sure he got his duck decoys, and our software at the time was WordPerfect, and also at the time, profanity would pass spell check on said software. So my legal assistant meant to type what I had dictated (back then; you do most of your own typing now in the legal profession), which was "Husband shall receive the ducks." But she did not in fact type "ducks," but she accidentally typed another, 4-letter word ending in "ucks," meaning something very different. I told her that was a deal the husband might very well prefer. Hey-oooo! :ROFLMAO:

And to @Farzad The Happy Barber, many congrats! After your last thread, I actually made myself a bet you'd do this before the other bike got here! Enjoy Bonnie. And nice Arais on the both of you, too! I have to ask, though, since it was in the pic: What were y'all eating that's sitting in the topcase?
Its a salad I made, with a couple of different flavored olives, Persian pickles, tomatoes, and fresh lime juice!

Registered
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks everyone.
Here is our life story in the link below, it is an old article but it is the way Shelley and I met and .... We love the bike and will be posting more photos of our trips!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts