BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after much consideration and from everyone here giving me great advice about the GTL, Wheels & upgrades. I went and got my deposit back on the new 2020 GTL because of the recall. Found a nice gently ridden 2015 GTL with only 7000 miles and considering it was half the price of a new one. Not having the reverse I can live with. So far it's been okay without it. Love the bike as it came with all kinds of goodies & I did add some of my own.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Congrats!!

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Congratulations! Good looking bike -- like new -- sounds like you got quite a buy. Shoot, those Akrapovics are worth $2,000 all by themselves!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Well after much consideration and from everyone here giving me great advice about the GTL, Wheels & upgrades. I went and got my deposit back on the new 2020 GTL because of the recall. Found a nice gently ridden 2015 GTL with only 7000 miles and considering it was half the price of a new one. Not having the reverse I can live with. So far it's been okay without it. Love the bike as it came with all kinds of goodies & I did add some of my own.
If I could have spec’d my 2020 without Reverse I would have happily done so. I’ve had it on my 2018 & 2019 GTLE’s and have used it 3 times total ......just to see it working! Almost pointless, at least for me. Other item I would bin would be the Radio/speakers, again pointless on a motorcycle.

Keyless start/central locking which I laughed at when each came out, and thought pointless?! ......I wouldn’t be without, likewise hill-start, a great option, helluva useful yet when it wasn’t an option, I never thought about it.

Enjoy your 2015 and that substantial saving! .......those extra dollars in your pocket will bring double the smile to your face as you saddle up each time.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Congratulations it looks like new, so must have been loved and cared for.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Congratulations, nice looking bike! And only 7,000 miles. Now you have to get out and ride it! The traditional first of the year Pie Run in Hico, at the Koffee Kup, January 25th.
Looks like I have to work that weekend but I do plan on riding the dickens out of it & actually we did do pie this day. Ended up at Royer's Round Top Café for fried chicken & pie.. The wife loves it as well. She's still trying to master getting on/off the bike, lol. She does love her floorboards that I installed. I will definitely check out those pie runs. Heard about them.

Congrads - like the photo (Fayetteville?). Check out the other Texas pie runs as well. We'll have to meet-up on a ride sometime to check it out.
Yeah we stopped in Fville, wife had to pee, lol. Yeah lets get together soon.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts