BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for a way to make the bike a bit unique, and tie in the checkered flag graphics that are on my Arai Signet X. After seeing Duane's flag graphics, I set out to find something that would work. Ended up finding a source on ebay selling a lower quarter panel car racing strip. It's actually a quality vinyl die cut decal I cut to the necessary size.
I tried both wet and dry application, and the wet application had by far the best result. Takes a lot longer, but you are easily able to remove all the bubbles. I plan on redoing the dry install side at some point to get rid of the bubbles. Here are a few pics of the finished result.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I kike it!
Nice!

Joe

·
Registered
464 Posts
looks different, I like too!
Rick

·
Premium Member
6,372 Posts
Isn't it fun to do a project like this? It looks great. You might want to hold off a bit before messing with the one you applied dry. Bubbles tend to go away after several weeks, just press on them now and then and see what happens.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Isn't it fun to do a project like this? It looks great. You might want to hold off a bit before messing with the one you applied dry. Bubbles tend to go away after several weeks, just press on them now and then and see what happens.
Yep, it was fun and my first attempt at anything vinyl related. I'm going to leave it alone until after the TTD. Want to see if it holds up for that trip...

·
Registered
551 Posts

Yep, it was fun and my first attempt at anything vinyl related. I'm going to leave it alone until after the TTD. Want to see if it holds up for that trip...
TOD? Cool, I will see ya there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts