BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have very recently taken delivery of a 2019 GT LE. My first BMW in 42 years of riding bikes. Looking forward to many fun filled miles.
Best regards
Redbikerat

·
Registered
364 Posts
I have to say that you made a very good choice !!! Welcome and know that this site is a gift for me/for all. After I had my first used 16 BMW k1600GTLE, I knew that as long as I can, BMW will be the bike. My GA is a pleasure to ride. If no heavy rain in the forecast, I am on her to commute to work. I service the bike by the book and I no longer do major work anymore other than tires and brakes. Put some money aside every month for the routine check ups/service which is recommended/ a must with your coverage. It is a beautiful machine and so sexy to look at. Most of the time, I used the cruise mode on the HWY and it is soooo smooth. Happy riding and be safe, brother.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Welcome!

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
Congrats and welcome!! Glad you're here.

·
Premium Member
1,192 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new scoot, you'll love it for sure.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Many thanks for the warm welcome folks. I'm looking forward to getting to know my new bike so that I can get the most out of it. I'm due to retire in 18 months time, then I'll be able to rack up some serious miles.
In the interim I'll be taking advantage of the wealth of owner knowledge and experience on this vast forum.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Welcome, although I am new here too. New to BMW's as well. And we both started with the top of the line. Mine is a 2015 GT. Took me a while to feel at ease with it. I've owned big bikes before, 2002 Honda Valkyrie, 2007 Electra Glide, st1100, and so on, but this is the first one where I felt challenged right off. Good thing I had practice feathering my clutch. The salesman set the bike on Dynamic mode when I picked it up in the city. Woah.

·
Premium Member
5,695 Posts
Welcome and congratulations on your bike purchase. I was at 43 years of riding motorcycles when I bought my first BMW (K1600 GTL) and now 7 years later and on my second GTL I have no regrets.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guess bike weight it all relative. I also own a 2009 Honda Goldwing, which, makes the K1600 something of a feather weight! What I have found so far with the K1600 is that with the aid of 'hill hold' I don't have to clench my ass cheeks during hill starts at tee junctions 2 up with luggage!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts