BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not a big ride report. Just happy to get out on the bike on New Year's Day after a bunch of travelling and non-stop local rains. The temps were toasty on New Year's Day in the 50's and the roads were mostly dry enough for some moderate twisty runs.

I spotted of few native tarmac beasts: the better samples were a McLaren, an Audi R8, several modified Porches. These roads attract lots of cars and bike in the summer. It was winter lite today.

I did see a couple of other Big K's in the wild. Both were GTLs. One on La Honda Road and another on the 85 freeway. Both going in the opposite direction as me.

Overlooking the South Bay

·
Registered
429 Posts
The GT looks good with the 719 wheels and cans. I love those wheels on my GA. Once I will change the cans, the will show more in the rear.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yes, agree on the wheels too. One salesman tried to talk me out of them, but I'm glad I didn't take his advice. I like the paint job too, same as my unit.

·
Premium Member
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@alpetel1965, the exhaust is the GPR Furore, although there might be better choices for the B/GA. Plus I had the GPR connecting pipes and the stock heat shields ceramic coated a satin black.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Still waiting on my 2018 GTL so I took my Victory Vision on our annual Polar Bear ride.

Saw a Lamborghini, a ton of Corvette's and Camaro's must have been a car club run and quite a few Porsche's!!

Attachments

·
Registered
981 Posts
Well done sir.
I've only been able to get out three times since December due to our wonderful weather here in Michigan.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts