BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Waiting for my K1600 B
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fitted Remus Headers and Quad Pipes. Im wrapped with the sound, under normal riding its not much different to the standard system, BUT when you open her up the sound is fantastic. Went for a ride with a few mates over Easter up through the mountains, they loved the sound. Dropping down gears hard in the tight roads the boys loved the popping and cackling.
I gotta paint those heat shields black which i will do this week. I forgot to get paint for that during the work, i live rural so couldn't just whip up the road to get some

Remus.jpg
Remus 2.jpg

·
Registered
85 Posts
Fitted Remus Headers and Quad Pipes. Im wrapped with the sound, under normal riding its not much different to the standard system, BUT when you open her up the sound is fantastic. Went for a ride with a few mates over Easter up through the mountains, they loved the sound. Dropping down gears hard in the tight roads the boys loved the popping and cackling.
I gotta paint those heat shields black which i will do this week. I forgot to get paint for that during the work, i live rural so couldn't just whip up the road to get some

View attachment 151197 View attachment 151198
Don't know if your allowed down there but you can pull the baffles and that will take it up a notch.

·
Registered
Waiting for my K1600 B
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi DEbagger

I ride in the Mountain Areas East of Melbourne. If i take the baffles out i might scare Koalas out of the trees, dropping them on the riders behind me. We have alot of Native Fauna, I dont want to be responsible scaring the S**t out of them all.

Im going to explore removing the baffles to see the difference, but i rather not attract the ears and eyes of the Police. I will have a play with the baffles in the coming weeks

·
Registered
Waiting for my K1600 B
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
XtBimmer ?

Thats a bonus, be nice if it works out like that. I love the sounds the bike is making now, anything else is a bonus. I drive a Hotted Up Diesel Turbo V8 Landcruiser, so fuel for the bike isn't a issue the Cruiser uses as much as a Ocean Liner.

Let me know ya findings on the fuel economy, be interesting.

·
Registered
2020 K1600GA. 2017 VFR1200X. 1986 VF1100c Magna
15 Posts
I installed mine last week. Baffles out equals tinnitus. Baffles in is better but still has a buzzy drone at certain RPM’s. I love the look and sound quality is improved. I’m not sure I’m in love with the sound, but the stock pipes looked odd in my opinion. Ear plugs are a good idea with either exhaust if you care about your hearing. After years of working in a loud environment I need to protect what I have left.

·
Registered
Waiting for my K1600 B
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I installed mine last week. Baffles out equals tinnitus. Baffles in is better but still has a buzzy drone at certain RPM’s. I love the look and sound quality is improved. I’m not sure I’m in love with the sound, but the stock pipes looked odd in my opinion. Ear plugs are a good idea with either exhaust if you care about your hearing. After years of working in a loud environment I need to protect what I have left.
Hi Mate

I will explore the baffles out in a weeks time, at the moment im doing a bit of riding in Melbourne so better to keep it a bit quiet. I look fwd to hearing the difference and blasting the guys i ride with in the coming weekends

1 - 7 of 7 Posts