BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So after 30 HD's ~ Current is a 12 CVO Road Glide with 125k on the clock. I took the plunge and found a 13 k1600gtl on ebay. 16700 miles on the clock at purchase. I've done another thousand in a couple of weeks. Purchase price $9,575 in damask red. Had the lights under BMW Logos fresh tires, rear trunk brake light, front and rear crash bars. Not a scratch but plenty of mud and spider webs which S100 and pressure washer took care of.

Wow, a great motorcycle. My road glide is not stock at 140 rear wheel hp and 134 ft lbs torque. But the K is so much lighter and nimble. So I called the dealer after my left handlebar cluster crashed and fortunately for me there were two open recalls including the left hand controls and an ecm flash.

I am thoroughly impresssed with the ride, power, and fun factor of this tourer. So the Road Glide and the bimmer are both keepers for new. Need to knock out 100k on the Bimmer to make sure I like it.

David

Attachments

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
So after 30 HD's ~ Current is a 12 CVO Road Glide with 125k on the clock. I took the plunge and found a 13 k1600gtl on ebay. 16700 miles on the clock at purchase. I've done another thousand in a couple of weeks. Purchase price $9,575 in damask red. Had the lights under BMW Logos fresh tires, rear trunk brake light, front and rear crash bars. Not a scratch but plenty of mud and spider webs which S100 and pressure washer took care of.

Wow, a great motorcycle. My road glide is not stock at 140 rear wheel hp and 134 ft lbs torque. But the K is so much lighter and nimble. So I called the dealer after my left handlebar cluster crashed and fortunately for me there were two open recalls including the left hand controls and an ecm flash.

I am thoroughly impresssed with the ride, power, and fun factor of this tourer. So the Road Glide and the bimmer are both keepers for new. Need to knock out 100k on the Bimmer to make sure I like it.

David
Welcome David, FYI Bimmers have four wheels, Beemers have two!:wink:

But... my Chocolate Lab with four legs is named Beemer!

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
Congrats on the new-to-you K and welcome to the forum. Glad you're here. A couple more posts here and you're free to post anywhere on the forum. Hope you continue to enjoy that GTL.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Welcome. I'm afraid the HD has seen the last of the miles from you. Most guys who are in your same boat realize that soon after buying the K bike.
Stick around and enjoy the forum

·
Premium Member
4,990 Posts
Congrats on the new to you GTL.

Your not the only Road Glide convert here. I've had 3 of them, an '03 Annie, '07 and a '12 Ultra. Still have the '03 Annie in the garage. Its been a long time since I last started it.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Welcome David. It's good to know that there are other high mile riders such as yourself. When convenient, let us know your location. Ya never know when a helping hand might be needed or a spare beer...:wink:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welcome. I'm afraid the HD has seen the last of the miles from you. Most guys who are in your same boat realize that soon after buying the K bike.
Stick around and enjoy the forum
You don't know him like I do. I would bet he can put more miles on each of those 2 bikes in 6 months than most put on 1 bike in a year! Lol!

I know he loves the K16 but he still loves his Skunk and it will still get a workout. :wink:

·
Registered
951 Posts
Wel-=K=-ome!

To preserve the shine and your feelings - place a cover on the HD. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Foley Alabama, yes ~ Gulf Coast ~ Near Pensacola, Orange Beach, Gulf Shores Alabama. I'm sure I will see a few of the Members Down the Road :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I have had a GTL for two years now and had a 2013 Road Glide which was sold two weeks ago. I wanted to do a long trip on the GTL before parting with the RG and after 8500 miles on one trip, decided to get rid of the Harley. The beemer is so much more fun to ride. I only put 300 miles on the HD after buying the GTL.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts