BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my '13 K1600GT, I recently added crash bars and during the install, had to remove the fog lights. Mine has the small winglets. On the right side, I had no issues but on the left side, I can't get the fog light plug to reattach. It seems as though it won't seat back onto the connector. I've looked for cracked plastic jamming the area but can't seem to find anything out of the ordinary. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
3,735 Posts
On my '13 K1600GT, I recently added crash bars and during the install, had to remove the fog lights. Mine has the small winglets. On the right side, I had no issues but on the left side, I can't get the fog light plug to reattach. It seems as though it won't seat back onto the connector. I've looked for cracked plastic jamming the area but can't seem to find anything out of the ordinary. Any ideas?
Look at the plug very carefully; I've seen this pretty often with the BMW two-pin plugs that I use for the amber running light conversion. There is a small piece of plastic that snaps sideways into the white part of the plug that can be out of place and prevent the connectors from seating. If this is the problem, it just needs to be snapped back into place.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
I have been very careful with mine when reinstalling the plug to make sure the pins are starting to seat before applying any real pressure. If any of the pins are bent, even slightly, the plug will not reseat.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, problem was retaining clip. It was very square. Had to use pin to hold up tab as I seated connector and it went right together!

·
Registered
27 Posts
How to Unplug

:confused: I was starting to install the light kit I purchased from cbdane and I can't figure out how to remove the fog light from the wire. Can someone tell me how to unplug the light. I am afraid to break it by doing something shall we say.. uninformed.

Thanks.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Put a small flat screwdriver on the top and push in that will release the clip and you can just easily pull out the plug I grabbed using the wire with no problems

Grant Bletzacker

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts