BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 K1600B
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently had my CAT shields Cerekoated flat black to match exhaust. When I removed them, that pesky insulating and flat washer fell to floor ! Looks like it might be a little tedious to reinstall, so I decided to use Gorilla Glue (nonflamable) to attach the flat to the insulating washer, and then attach the pair to the rear of the heat shield, in an effort to ease reinstall !

Textile Rectangle Eyewear Material property Font

will update after reinstall is finished..

·
Registered
39 Posts
They look good ezymount. Do they sound good? I'm thinking of a set but only finding chrome at this time. I really like the looks of the Remus but the price is steep for what you get. The Akrapovic is even more. I have complete akra system on my nine-t classic and sounds/works great but it was too much money also. Your bike looks much better missing those big chrome things IMO.

·
Registered
177 Posts
They look good ezymount. Do they sound good? I'm thinking of a set but only finding chrome at this time. I really like the looks of the Remus but the price is steep for what you get. The Akrapovic is even more. I have complete akra system on my nine-t classic and sounds/works great but it was too much money also. Your bike looks much better missing those big chrome things IMO.
Had the Freedoms and thought they sounded great, I was just in love with the look of Remus so I switched. I listened to a set of Akrapovic’s and to be honest there is very little difference in sound over the stock exhaust. The carbon fiber looks good on them but too much money for barley any difference in sound. The Akrapovic is about $400 cheaper than Remus though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts