BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,074 Posts
I would like to visit there. I have heard they have a good riding school.

·
Premium Member
3,723 Posts
Incredible pictures. I wonder what the story was behind the design of that beautiful building.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I visited it many years ago, from memory the BMW tower is supposed to represent a four cylinder engine (especially when viewed from above) - It's amazing what sticks in the grey matter!!

·
Registered
715 Posts
When you've finished at Munchen, waft that K16 over to Neckarsulm, for the German/NSU bike Museum It's worth a detour, but not a journey: -

German Two-Wheeler and NSU Museum Neckarsulm | Motoring Museums' Lighthouse

Then, why not stay over in Stuttgart, if you like Museums & try Mercedes &/ Porsche - both well worth the trip. Alternatively, if Auto Museums aren't your bag, just bimble along the Neckar & follow it downstream to Heidelberg - a lovely old University City, lively with tourists & an excellent Brauhaus not far from the Neckar Bridge. makes a great stop for a few nights. There is some nice riding in the hills north of HB, the Odenwald.

That reminds me, I really must get a trip to Berlin on the agenda next season, so maybe we can try this place: -

BMW Plant Berlin

......................... KEN

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When you've finished at Munchen, waft that K16 over to Neckarsulm, for the German/NSU bike Museum It's worth a detour, but not a journey: -

German Two-Wheeler and NSU Museum Neckarsulm | Motoring Museums' Lighthouse

Then, why not stay over in Stuttgart, if you like Museums & try Mercedes &/ Porsche - both well worth the trip. Alternatively, if Auto Museums aren't your bag, just bimble along the Neckar & follow it downstream to Heidelberg - a lovely old University City, lively with tourists & an excellent Brauhaus not far from the Neckar Bridge. makes a great stop for a few nights. There is some nice riding in the hills north of HB, the Odenwald.

That reminds me, I really must get a trip to Berlin on the agenda next season, so maybe we can try this place: -

BMW Plant Berlin

......................... KEN
Back home now.

I've done the Mercedes and Porsche museums before and overall Mercedes gets my vote in terms of an awesome building.

Stopped in Rothenburg der Tauber on the way back, a really nice walled historic town.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Ok this is supposed to be in Munich Germany, photo#4 has white gtl but in background has a sign in English, shouldn't it be in german?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Is there a program from BMW or dealers that let you rent bikes in Germany or the rest of Europe?

We may be going over in October (crosses fingers). Always been a dream of mine to tour Europe on two wheels.

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
Is there a program from BMW or dealers that let you rent bikes in Germany or the rest of Europe?
Edelweiss and other companies will rent motorcycles, or set up a complete tour package for you.

See this thread for info.

Last time I was in Germany I rented an S1000XR from SiXT, but they had K16GT's as well. I'd ridden in Europe before, so all I needed was a bike without all the extras.

·
Registered
981 Posts
All I can picture is that guy doing stunts on top of that building...

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Ok this is supposed to be in Munich Germany, photo#4 has white gtl but in background has a sign in English, shouldn't it be in german?
Note the saddlebags. Has BMW instead of reflectors like our North American bikes.....:smile:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts