BMW K1600 Forum banner

From the Mothership

6K views 17 replies 16 participants last post by  Up 2 It 
#1 ·
#6 ·
Incredible pictures. I wonder what the story was behind the design of that beautiful building.

#9 ·
When you've finished at Munchen, waft that K16 over to Neckarsulm, for the German/NSU bike Museum It's worth a detour, but not a journey: -

German Two-Wheeler and NSU Museum Neckarsulm | Motoring Museums' Lighthouse

Then, why not stay over in Stuttgart, if you like Museums & try Mercedes &/ Porsche - both well worth the trip. Alternatively, if Auto Museums aren't your bag, just bimble along the Neckar & follow it downstream to Heidelberg - a lovely old University City, lively with tourists & an excellent Brauhaus not far from the Neckar Bridge. makes a great stop for a few nights. There is some nice riding in the hills north of HB, the Odenwald.

That reminds me, I really must get a trip to Berlin on the agenda next season, so maybe we can try this place: -

BMW Plant Berlin

......................... KEN

#16 ·
Is there a program from BMW or dealers that let you rent bikes in Germany or the rest of Europe?
Edelweiss and other companies will rent motorcycles, or set up a complete tour package for you.

See this thread for info.

Last time I was in Germany I rented an S1000XR from SiXT, but they had K16GT's as well. I'd ridden in Europe before, so all I needed was a bike without all the extras.

#17 ·
All I can picture is that guy doing stunts on top of that building...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.