BMW K1600 Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bike was in for transmission recall repair, it was completed, now it is back at the dealership for the front shock replacement as it was noted as leaking oil. It is under warranty, bike has 15,000k on it. Can not see it being a cold storage issue as never had an issue with previous model years and have done rides in -10c temperatures many times. Seems like a bad run of shocks from the manufacturer, anyone heard anything else?

Randy
2018 K1600GTL
2018 K1600 GTLE with 9.5K miles had the transmission recall completed in late Feb and I have only managed three rides since due to Coronavirus lock down in UK. The last ride had really harsh front suspension and as everyone else is doing I cleaned and polished the bike and had a good look at both shock absorbers and noticed oil all around the bottom of the front one with drips coming off the bottom ESA valve cable.

The dealer is completely closed at the moment so I will have to take it in when we have the all clear. Not a great advertisement for a £20K motorbike.

·
Registered
93 Posts
The dealer just dropped off my bike this morning after the transmission recall repair and front shock replacement. They said after today they are closing the doors to the public but are still doing service by appointment only and on line sales. You drop your bike off curb side and they will take it into the shop from there to work on.

Randy
2018 K1600GTL

21 - 22 of 22 Posts