BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve been looking for a daily rider and something a little sporty to go with my Grand America. I tried a 2022 RT. Hated the TFT and it was a boring ride. I had a GS. Awesome bike but looking for a change of pace. I tried the old K12R. Fun bike but these old knees are killing me. I’m 6’ 3 with old basketball playing knees Now I’m thinking of getting a K1600GT to go with Grand America. I know they’re pretty similar but are the they same? I hear the GT is faster. Anyone own both? I know I can lower the GT pegs and it’ll be comfortable and I love the 6cyl engine Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
2022 MI/KM:

·
Premium Member
2020 K1600 GT
151 Posts
I can only talk to comfort., I'm 61, 6'4 with a 34" inseam. I find the stock position VERY comfortable. No need for lowering pegs or highway pegs.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I had a GA/B sold it with 8500 miles on the clock wanted a GT found a 2015 loaded with 6500 miles it has Heli Bar Risers lowered Pegs and Hwy pegs off the crash bar with floor boards for the wife. Love all the goodies wouldn’t take any of them off

Attachments

·
International Man of Mystery
4,210 Posts
2022 MI/KM:
13000 km
GT with extra tall seat and the GA as a trade in would be me choice.

·
Premium Member
2018 K1600GT Opt 719 Blue Planet Metallic
3,497 Posts
2022 MI/KM:
10340 mi
GT is my choice. I could ride a B/GA, just wouldn't spend the money to obtain one. I'm an average 5'-10", but enjoy the highway pegs on the front tip-over bars (both Ilium) so I can straighten my legs on the longer rides. And I never think a fella who wants more than one bike is crazy!

·
Registered
6 Posts
So I’ve been looking for a daily rider and something a little sporty to go with my Grand America. I tried a 2022 RT. Hated the TFT and it was a boring ride. I had a GS. Awesome bike but looking for a change of pace. I tried the old K12R. Fun bike but these old knees are killing me. I’m 6’ 3 with old basketball playing knees Now I’m thinking of getting a K1600GT to go with Grand America. I know they’re pretty similar but are the they same? I hear the GT is faster. Anyone own both? I know I can lower the GT pegs and it’ll be comfortable and I love the 6cyl engine Thanks
After 8 years and over 100,000 miles on a 14 R1200GS I picked up a GT in April. Love the bike and still have the GS. I've lowered the pegs and installed bar risers (heli). Hate the Bridgestones and replacing them with Conti's. Indifferent to the BMW's Connected App. In 11 days taking a short road trip to Texas.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

·
Registered
216 Posts
I had to lower my pegs with Chicom knockoffs of the Suburban design. I still find the position less than optimum, but I have a Corbin Smuggler seat and it cannot be raised like a stock seat. Without the peg lowering, my knees were in the tank sculpted sheet metal. 36”.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Try putting your GA in dynamic mode and twisting the throttle a little more if you want a sporty ride. Use the floor boards to relax those old knee….that’s what I do when I want a sporty ride.
18GrandAm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts