Votes: 2 14.3%
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Well. From a distance it looks ok.
Not my most favorite color though.

Joe
good job... but same here..... not my choice of colors schemes i would have chosen..... but there again, it is ur bike and what u like......
looks better than mine...which is in multiple multiple pieces...and never to travel the roads again.....

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Job well done ...
You cant be that wrong in the way you approach this job.
I did the same ... CK wrap, Avery vinyl ... even the color ... :)

But I found the light blue color did not match my personality ... so I went in another direction.
Color testing ... and training ...

Final color ... for now ...

·
Registered
261 Posts
Job well done ...

But I found the light blue color did not match my personality ... so I went in another direction.
View attachment 150984

View attachment 150985
now i love this color on the bike

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
And as you ask for suggestions ... nothing wrong with the color ... but ... maybe there is a bit to many panels in the blue color ... when you look at how BMW design the lines, different colors always have something to match up with ... and underscore ... and make the eye flow across with out stopping unnatural places ...
Like the frontfender, where you have done the blue on the inner side ... where the natural curve is black ... with the black panel and radiator in the background ...
Hard to explain in text ... :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Nice job. I know it was a long and tedious process based on the few pieces I wrapped on my bike. Looking forward to seeing it in Great Falls this summer.
Sounds good. I have a few more carbon fiber pieces to add to break up some of the blue. After looking at it for a while, I thought it would make it look better. I will send final pictures when done.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
And as you ask for suggestions ... nothing wrong with the color ... but ... maybe there is a bit to many panels in the blue color ... when you look at how BMW design the lines, different colors always have something to match up with ... and underscore ... and make the eye flow across with out stopping unnatural places ...
Like the frontfender, where you have done the blue on the inner side ... where the natural curve is black ... with the black panel and radiator in the background ...
Hard to explain in text ... :)
I understand. After looking at it for a while, I plan to add more carbon fiber to break up some of the blue. Thanks for the suggestions. Very helpful.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yes, GunnerT, I had the same problem after a few years on my 2013, the clear wrap lifted the paint on one pannier. Was a bit of a problem, but sold it as it was. Would have needed a pannier repaint. Only the one, strangely enough. But I really like the CF wrap. Would look great on my Lupini Blue /Metallic Black 2018. Neat job.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Job well done ...

View attachment 150984

View attachment 150985
Yes, I plan to do the same thing. I'm thinking I will change the color yearly so that it does not have long to grow on me. I like that Auburn Orange that you have.

·
Registered
31 Posts
When I ordered the material, I actually thought the blue was going to be a little darker. But after receiving it, it actually looked nice and definitely unique. Since I live in Florida, I see that color a lot. Worked out very well. Here's a closer image. Lots to be said about taking on a project and doing it yourself.
View attachment 150960
Great job for a first time! I don’t see any flaws. Motorbikes have odd curves and they can be difficult to wrap.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Looks great and like a lot of work! Would you do it again?
I plan to put a different wrap on it each year. It was a learning experience and took lots of patients, but very fun and enjoyable. Something I can now do myself anytime I feel like it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Final changes...thanks to all who suggested adding more carbon fiber to brake-up all the blue. It doesn't look like a SMURF bike as much.

·
Boom
715 Posts
The additions look very nice. Guess that could be a **** of an off-season project during the winter months...

Reactions: wkg67rider

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
The additions look very nice. Guess that could be a **** of an off-season project during the winter months...
You absolutely want to do that stuff during the off season. Good luck and hope to see you at the MOA.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts