BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

Give your opinion / suggestions:

• Yay

Votes: 14 87.5%
  • Nay

Votes: 2 12.5%
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2018 K1600GTL
88 Posts
Mine is apart right now as I am getting some parts hydro dipped in carbon fiber for a more perminat change. My lower fairing had some rock chips so I thought it was a good time for a change and I will add clear bra to protect the part where the chips were. I also just installed a Remus exhaust. Now that I have seen how yours came out maybe I should have done a wrap instead.

·
Registered
54 Posts
To the OP......awesome job. Love it. Including the color. The carbon fiber addition really creates a great look overall.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I agree, it does look really nice. You did a really good job on something that takes lots of patience to do, and according to my wife, I have none. :D Plus, this way when you start to get tired of it, just change the wrap and it's literally like buying a new bike. For me it's the only way of keeping anything for more then a couple of years. The only car I ever kept for more then 3 years is my 2010 jeep wrangler that looks nothing like it did when I originally bought it 11 years ago. What's the secret you ask? Change something on it every year... lol

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
After all of the suggestions from those visiting this thread and after visiting my local BMW motorcycle dealership, I was reminded that the blue needed to be broken up a little bit more. The dealership also reminded me that the blue I had chosen reminded them of the BMW Motorrad racing decal. That decal had some red in it. I chose to add some red pinstriping, which really helped the overall look of the bike. Thanks to all for your suggestions. Safe riding...see you down the road.

·
Registered
2018 K1600GTL
88 Posts
That made a big difference, looks very good! :love:

·
Premium Member
7,160 Posts
Pretty snazzy, as my Mom would say.

Reactions: Goes2fast
41 - 51 of 51 Posts