BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 BMW K1600 GTL, 2008 HD ULTRA CVO, 2004 HD ROAD KING
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Daytona boots are the best boots on the market, I just bought the Road Star. Klim may be the best non tailored jacket/pant setup. I'm bouncing between the Hardanger one-piece and the Apex. I ordered a Shoei Neotec 2 to replace my old Shoei modular helmet. Now I need to replace my old Harley gloves. This change from Harley to BMW is costly!!

What are the apex of gloves for touring. I like gauntlet style for cold/wet weather. I own leather and fabric gloves of all styles.

·
Premium Member
2012 K1600GT
675 Posts
I have Klim Induction gloves for summer. Really most of the year here. I keep around my old Rev'it! gloves in case these get wet. I am good commuting with induction gloves into the 40's with the heated grips and the aerowing thingies. For longer winter rides I use heated gloves. I have Gerbings, but will probably switch to warm n safe.

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
I found these gloves work for long rides with varying weather conditions, Held also has long and short guanlet 2 in 1 gloves

·
Registered
133 Posts
I just bought these:
. They have an excellent fit (for me) and they are made of the softest leather I've ever seen :).

I also considered one of the two-in-one models from BMW, but reading reviews, they mentioned that the airflow was limited (due to the 2-in-1 construction). Whether it's true or not, I don't know, but I went for the Rukka's.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
What don't you use the Harley Davidson gloves till they wear out

Again klim gloves are good and warranty is best
I think for the best lower cost I've used scorpion they lasted me 8 years till they wear out, and water proof

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,256 Posts
I have the same gear: just replaced almost 8yo Neotec with Neotec II, Daytona Road Star GTX boots, and I've had a Hardanger for a couple years. I have a pair of short Klim gloves for extended riding in rain. Most of the time I simply wear a thin pair of textile work gloves. I have the thumb and finger tips of the right hand cut off so I can operate the iPhone as needed. With the new Cardo Pack Talk that will likely be less and less. I know some gloves allow touch screen usage.

I think the gloves are the short Vanguard GTX by Klim, but they might even be the long; they just are gauntlet long. They are formed with a curve to the fingers. They're also pretty stiff. They are fine for riding. They have a zipper on the shorter cuff so I can set the size and just zip/unzip to get the on/off quickly. I'm not crazy about them...so I don't wear them a lot. The thin gloves I wear dry out very quickly at 70+ miles per hour. I'd wear the Klim gloves in colder rain for sure, and all day rain likely. Next pair might have a bit longer gauntlet type and not so stiff, so I don't feel like I have to remove them to do anything at a stop. I don't like wearing gloves much at all at any time. I bow-hunt with fingerless gloves. I like having some tactile feed back from my fingertips. Most gloves don't allow that. If I feel compelled to spend on some other gloves, the 2-in-1 options have their appeal. We seem to like the same products so do let us know what you find particularly if you really like them.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I just bought a pair of Klim Baja S4 gloves and they are very comfortable right out of the package. Probably only have 5 hours of ride time with them but they are very nice.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Has anyone ever tried pure latex gloves

I keep a box with me as they are disposable water proof and wind proof sometimes goat skin gloves

·
Premium Member
3,256 Posts
Has anyone ever tried pure latex gloves

I keep a box with me as they are disposable water proof and wind proof sometimes goat skin gloves

I usually keep a box of latex gloves, duct tape, rope, a couple black trash bags, a small blue tarp, and a box knife in my trunk. It makes it interesting when pulled by highway patrol.

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
I just picked up a pair of Lee Parks deerskin gauntlet glove. Aerostich was hit or miss on their stock so I went with Lee Parks. Don't bother with their sizing tool, just order your normal size. My 30 year old pair of no-longer-made Italian gloves are getting ready to give up the ghost, so I needed to replace them. DeerSports®

·
Registered
598 Posts
Last pair of summer klim's i had fit tight, the seams were facing inward, the material and stitching pressed hard up against my hand (it chafed a lot!). At the very least find yourself a pair that doesn't have an internal seam.
I won't spend money on klim gloves after that experience.
I bought some gauntlet style BMW GoreTex gloves from the local dealer that were OK, similar to a held glove which i've heard is the same company making them under the bmw brand. If i'm wanting a quick fix the dealer is close enough by I can just stop by and purchase.
I've owned Rukka GoreTex argo gloves, they were Ok, really hefty protective areas on it, more than any other glove i've owned.
I have a pair of stich goretex overmits somewhere.
Worse case scenario find yourself some heavy work gloves made of deer or cowhide for the dry/warm days.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I just bought these:
. They have an excellent fit (for me) and they are made of the softest leather I've ever seen :).

I also considered one of the two-in-one models from BMW, but reading reviews, they mentioned that the airflow was limited (due to the 2-in-1 construction). Whether it's true or not, I don't know, but I went for the Rukka's.
The only significant negative aspect I found with the Rukka Gore Tex was the internal liner separated from the glove within a year of me using them, so when I pulled my hand out of the glove the inner liner tried to go with it. I did like them a lot.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have Klim Induction gloves as well for everyday use other than rain which I try to avoid. They are very comfortable/ soft, external seams and with the zipper easy to get on and off with a snug fit. Really nice construction, probably the nicest pair of gloves I have had.

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
The only significant negative aspect I found with the Rukka Gore Tex was the internal liner separated from the glove within a year of me using them, so when I pulled my hand out of the glove the inner liner tried to go with it. I did like them a lot.
Having spent a fortune on Rukka thinking they were the best I was sadly disappointed. Not only were their top of the range Gortex touring gloves not waterproof and therefore cold but when you pulled them off the liner came away which, when wet, was next to impossible to get back in. $200 dollars in the bin. I wrote to Rukka, they couldn't be bothered to reply. Never again.

·
Premium Member
Now living in Virginia! 😎
225 Posts
I have a couple of pairs of Rev’It gloves that I really like, and a pair of BMW gloves. I usually pick the Rev’IT Cayenne Pro gloves and my Klim gear to ride in these days.

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
Are the HD gloves armored over the knuckles or fingers? If not, I'd leave them behind. New world in BMW land. It's a serious reason I switched over years back (I still own my old HD, but never ride it anymore), once I realized I wasn't actually bullet proof. In HD land, one was expected to look cool, in BMW land, one was expected to have the latest and greatest protective gear.

My fav gloves are my summer, wrist length, vented gloves. I've had them so long, I'm not sure I recall the brand. 90% sure they are BMW. Very comfortable riding gloves. So comfortable, I'd rather be wearing them than be barehanded, despite the safety factor, but still have armor. I find them warm enough even in most of the shoulder seasons. I do keep a pair of Revit gauntlets in the top case, for cold and/or rain. I find "waterproof" gloves to be a unicorn. Every pair I've ever owned has eventually leaked. I have a pair of Aerostitch over gloves, which are like bags, with a draw string, that go over your comfortable gloves. They work, but are a bit of a pain. I only use them, if its pouring. Otherwise, I just get a little wet. I also have a pair of the Gerbing winter heated gloves. I rarely use them, as I rarely ride in weather that cold anymore. They are bulky, stiff and uncomfortable, but toasty warm, which is a fair trade in winter.

·
Premium Member
2021 BMW K1600 GTL, 2008 HD ULTRA CVO, 2004 HD ROAD KING
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
After reading and watching videos, B407driver#'s recommendation looks the best. Lee Park Design gloves are made to last. The DeerSports, DeerSports PCi and Sumo R look like a well made, durable answer. I want a gauntlet with non bulky fingers, that is good in 40-80 degree temps. Already have a rain glove and high temp gloves. Has anyone else bought these LPD gloves?

Gesture Finger Yellow Thumb Safety glove

1 - 20 of 65 Posts