BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,778 Posts
I found these gloves work for long rides with varying weather conditions, Held also has long and short guanlet 2 in 1 gloves
I have these gloves and like them except...........they are a little bulky. Of all the so called waterproof gloves I've owned they are the only ones that are.
I also carry with me a pair of cloth light weight fingerless gloves, cloth Mechanic type gloves and my heated gauntlet gloves.

·
Premium Member
2021 BMW K1600 GTL, 2008 HD ULTRA CVO, 2004 HD ROAD KING
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
cboothe-already have two pairs of high temp gloves, looking for 40-80 degree gloves. Have electric heated gloves when it's really cold. So I'm looking for a pair of all around gloves with a gauntlet.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
nigelhobbes-do you own these?

Arizona Jim-I've read about these before somewhere, I have a HD waterproof glove. True statement about what is and what is not waterproof!

·
Registered
K1600GTL
68 Posts
After reading and watching videos, B407driver#'s recommendation looks the best. Lee Park Design gloves are made to last. The DeerSports, DeerSports PCi and Sumo R look like a well made, durable answer. I want a gauntlet with non bulky fingers, that is good in 40-80 degree temps. Already have a rain glove and high temp gloves. Has anyone else bought these LPD gloves?

View attachment 163339
I have a pair of these. I bought them I think about 10-12 years ago but only use them during the fall and spring so less than half the year. I am really fond of them though. Supple, with good feel on the controls. I also got a pair of these insulated for my wife. I'll replace them with more Lee Parks when these wear out. On the downside, I think the fingers are really long. There's a bit of a gap at my fingertips where the gloves keep going. Not long enough to interfere as they really do feel great but I'd probably order custom next time. They are effective at temps down to 45-50F. I have different summer and winter setups.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I am a fan of Held gloves. The Classic Steve for temps ranging from 50 - 80 degrees and the Sambia for hotter temps. Great craftsmanship, outer seams. Fit has been good for me (they have both regular and 'long' finger sizes. I've been wearing the Steves since 2003. Stitching is still solid, as is the leather. I put leather conditioner on them twice a year and they hold up to sweat, rain, whatever you throw at them and stay supple and soft. The Sambia have more textile so water isn't an issue. Biggest issue is finding a dealer for them...motorcyclegear.com has been my go-to stop. I've been considering the Klim Induction, but keep coming back to 'why by a new pair of gloves when the old ones are still working?'.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
racer1735-fit? I'm a 9.5, 9 or 10?
Looking at winter-Twin ll GTX and summer-Summertime ll. Classic Steve "out of stock".

Has anyone used Held?

·
Premium Member
3,250 Posts
@Frogman I was drawn toward their Air N Dry gloves before I bought the pair of Klim I'm moderate pleased with. But they were perhaps too spendy for my tastes without trying them out or a heavy endorsement from a friend. They have very good reviews.

·
Registered
578 Posts
racer1735-fit? I'm a 9.5, 9 or 10?
Looking at winter-Twin ll GTX and summer-Summertime ll. Classic Steve "out of stock".

Has anyone used Held?
Look at motorcyclegear.com They have a pretty good inventory of the gloves you mentioned including the Steve Classic. Let me get home to measure my hand and look at what size I have in the Steve and Sambia and I'll shoot you a PM.

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Daytona boots are the best boots on the market, I just bought the Road Star. Klim may be the best non tailored jacket/pant setup. I'm bouncing between the Hardanger one-piece and the Apex. I ordered a Shoei Neotec 2 to replace my old Shoei modular helmet. Now I need to replace my old Harley gloves. This change from Harley to BMW is costly!!

What are the apex of gloves for touring. I like gauntlet style for cold/wet weather. I own leather and fabric gloves of all styles.
Aerostitch overHardranger,
All around gloves- Lee Parks elkskins
i like BMW’s summer gloves, can’t remember what they are called, in warm weather and Gerbings heated G4 in very cold weather.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Aerostich is a very good, if I lived close to the shop I would get one made with fittings. The Hardanger is a better version, with more addition.

·
Registered
91 Posts
After reading and watching videos, B407driver#'s recommendation looks the best. Lee Park Design gloves are made to last. The DeerSports, DeerSports PCi and Sumo R look like a well made, durable answer. I want a gauntlet with non bulky fingers, that is good in 40-80 degree temps. Already have a rain glove and high temp gloves. Has anyone else bought these LPD gloves?

View attachment 163339
Yes, I use mine all summer. When it is cool out these gloves with the heater grip is all I need.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Having spent a fortune on Rukka thinking they were the best I was sadly disappointed. Not only were their top of the range Gortex touring gloves not waterproof and therefore cold but when you pulled them off the liner came away which, when wet, was next to impossible to get back in. $200 dollars in the bin. I wrote to Rukka, they couldn't be bothered to reply. Never again.
You may confusing water intrusion with the sweat from your own hands (yes hands do sweat, or at least mine sure do), regardless wet out is very possible with these just like any other gore product (or any glove for that matter). Like you, i did experience liner separation, however as a protective glove it was really good at it's core function. I've test crashed a few items in the last few years more than i thought I would.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Held's 2-1 glove also suffer from liner separation (delamination issues).
Held makes BMW branded gloves that are sometimes sold in dealer stores. I'm currently using a pair, have for the last 2 years. I paid about 160 for them.
The liner did start to seperate/delaminate from the thumb on my glove 'bmw' gore glove. They were comfortable to wear in moderately wet conditions. What I ended up doing for severe cold rainy conditions was using a waterproof crab claw type overglove from Aerostich, it has a long gauntlet that can go all the way inside my 'Stich jacket sleeves if i wanted it to.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I have a 14 day trip in late May. ID to SA,TX to LA, CA to Shasta City, CA for a RDL saddle and home. While in LA I'm stopping at Lee Park Design and look at their stock of gloves.
I've looked at Klim gloves, waiting on the Hardanger suit to get restocked in XL short. Grey or black, TBD. Then I'll look at their gloves.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I have a 14 day trip in late May. ID to SA,TX to LA, CA to Shasta City, CA for a RDL saddle and home. While in LA I'm stopping at Lee Park Design and look at their stock of gloves.
I've looked at Klim gloves, waiting on the Hardanger suit to get restocked in XL short. Grey or black, TBD. Then I'll look at their gloves.
That's quite a trip to find some gloves I hope you find what you are looking for

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
The trip is to take my 04 Tahoe and closed 16" motorcycle trailer to Texas. The motorcycle trip for Texas to CA is to get my Russel saddle made. The stop off at Lee's is an added plus! A bike road trip is always an adventure, that's why we do them. :love::love::love:

21 - 40 of 65 Posts