BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I certainly don't want to jinx them but... how about those Chiefs!?! We've got one more game to go before we're at the big show but the last time my team won the Super Bowl the NFL and AFL were two separate leagues and I was in fourth grade.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
I have been in Houston 40 years. I was a fanatic football fan many years ago, but now I'm a fair weather fan. With all the talent we have had the past few years, I do watch them a lot. I watched the first half today. They have a lot of great players, but not a good coach. With a huge lead in the second quarter O'Brien calls a fake punt on his own 30 yard line? There is a time and place for agressive plays, but that darn sure is not the time or place. What an idiot.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sure looked ugly in the first quarter. Love to see them in the SB.
It sure did, didn't it? I may have cussed at the TV a time or two during that first quarter.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
That was some game. I was in and out of the room when I heard a big play or score...watched the score go in one direction for the first quarter, then go the opposite for the second. Had to leave for work about half time. Arrived at work and saw KC was up to 50 points! Yowza!

Go Pack!

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That was some game. I was in and out of the room when I heard a big play or score...watched the score go in one direction for the first quarter, then go the opposite for the second. Had to leave for work about half time. Arrived at work and saw KC was up to 50 points! Yowza!

Go Pack!
Yeah, we got a good one with Mahomes. If he can stay healthy, he's a shoe-in for the Hall of Fame, some day. He and Kelce are a formidable combo.

·
Premium Member
2,268 Posts
Yeah, we got a good one with Mahomes. If he can stay healthy, he's a shoe-in for the Hall of Fame, some day. He and Kelce are a formidable combo.

He's a good ole Texas boy from right down the road at Texas Tech.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
This will be chucking gas on a fire I'm sure but I am lost without my beloved Patriots in this mix. Actually got some other things done around the house this Sunday. Just not the same. :wink:

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
This will be chucking gas on a fire I'm sure but I am lost without my beloved Patriots in this mix. Actually got some other things done around the house this Sunday. Just not the same. :wink:
You might need to pick up a new additional hobby for Jan and Feb for the next few years. It was a good run for you all. I think it finally ended after many years and hoisted trophies of suggesting it could be over.

·
Registered
508 Posts
First off I'm a Bronco fan. Second, I am member in good standing of the Raider Hater club. But, with that said, we went to Buffalo Bayou Brewery yesterday to watch the Texans/Chiefs game. It was rocking for the first 20 minutes, then came the screeching halt. I don't believe that I could ever be a fan of the Texans with O'Brien as coach. He is one arrogant son of gun and the owner keeps giving him more. I have always like the Chiefs since "The Drive" and "The Fumble". :) Good luck.

As an aside, one of the few people in Houston who must be happy about Hinch and Lehnow being fired is O'Brien.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Chiefs fan my whole life, first quarter felt like Old times, then came something that is hard to get used to, Mahomes Magic. GO CHIEFS!!

·
Registered
208 Posts
That organization is a mess. The owner dies in 2018 with his wife taking over. They don't have a GM, so O'Brien basically calls all the shots from a personnel perspective.

Zach

First off I'm a Bronco fan. Second, I am member in good standing of the Raider Hater club. But, with that said, we went to Buffalo Bayou Brewery yesterday to watch the Texans/Chiefs game. It was rocking for the first 20 minutes, then came the screeching halt. I don't believe that I could ever be a fan of the Texans with O'Brien as coach. He is one arrogant son of gun and the owner keeps giving him more. I have always like the Chiefs since "The Drive" and "The Fumble". :) Good luck.

As an aside, one of the few people in Houston who must be happy about Hinch and Lehnow being fired is O'Brien.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts