BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
And in that order:grin:
Easily (although if it were the new GL, I'd have it in 2d place.).

And a serious question: do you like the headlight shield? The first someone said to me at the MOA after seeing my bike was, "Beautiful bike...but you need to get a headlight shield. Do you know how much it costs to replace that?" Now that guy has me paranoid.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Easily (although if it were the new GL, I'd have it in 2d place.).

And a serious question: do you like the headlight shield? The first someone said to me at the MOA after seeing my bike was, "Beautiful bike...but you need to get a headlight shield. Do you know how much it costs to replace that?" Now that guy has me paranoid.
I’ve always fitted one. Our roads here can be bad... I don’t notice it now, but $80 versus the few thousand $$$ for a new light assembly seems good value.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
And a serious question: do you like the headlight shield? The first someone said to me at the MOA after seeing my bike was, "Beautiful bike...but you need to get a headlight shield. Do you know how much it costs to replace that?" Now that guy has me paranoid.[/QUOTE]

Paranoia is infectious, I just ordered one from Aeroflow. I almost did back when I bought the Aero wings and new WS. I thought they were a little ugly....$2400 is more ugly. Scary I didn't know.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Donna

Whats the story with that headlight shield ?

It's an eye sore the way it velcro on.

Not even your pumps or crop will overcome that thing well maybe the crop.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don’t mind the way the shield looks.... I might swap out that Velcro for some black coloured alternative, but it does it’s job ???

And most of the time all anyone sees of my B are the tail lights disappearing over the horizon at Mach 2 >:)

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
I also use the Aeroflow headlight shield. I didn't like the way the T-Lock buttons looked either. So I replaced them with narrow T-Lock strips around the perimeter. Not great, but I think it looks a lot better than the buttons that came with the shield.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts