BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my new Michelin Road 5 GTs installed and broken in properly today....Will check in the morning to see if they have the rub issue. Otherwise it was a good day to break in a set of tire...Went through East Tennessee, North Georgia and North Carolina....

·
Registered
5 Posts
What do you think of the Road 5 GTs? How many miles so far?

Just burned up a set of Pirelli Angel GT2's on my K16GT. They were OK, front cupped badly at just over 3000 miles. The Pirelli's (Angel GT and GT2 both) have a very positive feel when you go out on the shoulders and accelerate out of turns.... But like the original GTs they are great and then they go away really fast, so you need to be really in touch with them (pressure and tread depth) prior to every ride, so you don't get stuck. Tire life with the Angel GT (4 sets) and GT2 (1 set) has been consistently 2800-3200 miles at best....

We ride the K16GT 2up mostly in Sport mode. I (we) ride the GA/NC/TN triangle weekly on both my K16GT and S1000XR. Love the Road 5's on the XR, getting ready to buy my 4th pair.... they last 3200-3500 miles at best in this environment. They are the best tire I've found yet for aggressive riding in the mountains on the XR for all types of weather and temps (I ride through the winter).

I'm hoping the Road 5 GT's on the K16GT perform and last the same.

Anyone else have any real miles on these? Thx

·
Premium Member
6,075 Posts
What do you think of the Road 5 GTs? How many miles so far?

Just burned up a set of Pirelli Angel GT2's on my K16GT. They were OK, front cupped badly at just over 3000 miles. The Pirelli's (Angel GT and GT2 both) have a very positive feel when you go out on the shoulders and accelerate out of turns.... But like the original GTs they are great and then they go away really fast, so you need to be really in touch with them (pressure and tread depth) prior to every ride, so you don't get stuck. Tire life with the Angel GT (4 sets) and GT2 (1 set) has been consistently 2800-3200 miles at best....

We ride the K16GT 2up mostly in Sport mode. I (we) ride the GA/NC/TN triangle weekly on both my K16GT and S1000XR. Love the Road 5's on the XR, getting ready to buy my 4th pair.... they last 3200-3500 miles at best in this environment. They are the best tire I've found yet for aggressive riding in the mountains on the XR for all types of weather and temps (I ride through the winter).

I'm hoping the Road 5 GT's on the K16GT perform and last the same.

Anyone else have any real miles on these? Thx
Read this thread.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts