BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time senior rider who just purchased a 2012 K1600GT. Second BMW I have owned. Came off a 98 K1200RS. Limited riding now in St. Louis as crappy winter weather is keeping it cold. I still get out for about an hour everyday as long as it is above 40. Retired so lots of time. Have owned over 60 bikes in the past 30 years, primarily Triumph. Lots of Japanese bikes also. Spend some retirement time down at BMW repair shop (Forever Endeavor) volunteering time to help out Dave Clark. Not a mechanic by trade but have worked on many bikes and have done a few frame up restorations (never again!). Looking forward to spending more time in the saddle once the weather breaks. Plus, would like to plan a few long trips this summer, including the Rally.

Looks like a great group and looking forward to learning more about my K1600.

Wally

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota!
Good people here and the forum is an excellent resource.

Joe

·
Registered
21 Posts
Greetings. I was born and raised in the Lou. (Mehlville) left in 1986 for the west coast. Nothing like that 6 cyl power. Enjoy

·
Premium Member
2,504 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Welcome aboard. I live in the Defiance area. You’ll like the big K. I have lived my whole life in St Louis and have never heard where we live called the “Lou”.....I guess you learn something new every day.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Greetings from across the river.
Welcome! I lived in Granite City as a baby, near the Army depot where my dad was stationed after Heidelberg where I was born. Have not been thru there recently though; E. St. Louie hasn't made the family top ten destination list as far as I know.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Welcome! I lived in Granite City as a baby, near the Army depot where my dad was stationed after Heidelberg where I was born. Have not been thru there recently though; E. St. Louie hasn't made the family top ten destination list as far as I know.

If you live by Crater Lake don’t even think of coming back to see Granite City. It’s a dying dirty steel town. East St Louis........:eek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts