BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 489 Posts

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Chris, at Bren Tuning's willing to give K1600 forum members a 15% discount on their 2017+ BMW K1600 Handheld Tuner WITH Stage 2 Flash.

Per Chris: "If you guys want to get this to 40 people by 9/3/19 at midnight I'll bring it to 15%, how does that sound?"

That sounds fantastic, to me! If you're on the fence, now's the time to jump off of it.

This 15% discount also applies to those who have already sent their ECUs to Bren to be flashed.

FYI, I know you can do the math but if we get 40 forum members to commit, that means $795 reduces to $675.75 for new customers and $595 reduces to $505.75 for those who've already sent their ECUs in to Bren and had them tuned!

To see what you're getting for your hard-earned cash, see the links, below...

BREN TUNING WILL HONOR THE DISCOUNT FOR ALL WHO POST UP A COMMITMENT THROUGH END OF DAY ON SEPTEMBER 3RD, AT WHICH TIME THEY'LL ISSUE THE DISCOUNT CODES.

Please, post up, if you're interested, and I'll continue to revise the list as members sign up.

1) Vandaldog
2) MountaineerSTi
3) VenturaHighway
4) Eyedoc
5) svfiat
6) Gerryt
7) djfalkenstein
8) JerseyT
9) Megawatt155
10) K1zzle
11) Duke4
12) Bomberoman
13) dhbrantley
14) ViennaK
15) KAS_UK
16) pajed1
17) OKBMW
18) StephenV
19) lone-rider
20) Chris Gordon
21) whiskeyb
22) J-Luv
23) bbolesaz
24) dobervol
25) Harryjames
26) Heli
27) daleberk
28) k1600bGA
29) madmatt1201
30) AZK1600GTL
31) Bryan Nelson
32) sbennett53
33) beamer convert
34) kwheels
35) golfrider
36) KAP
37) Buckshot
38) gsevere
39) Thomas
40) Steve Kauffman
41) themlruts
42) Allan S
43) jdalambert
44) mlheck
45) stingray
46) phat6
47) Pakyohmeca
48) jryan19
49) Olistoys1
50) EarthRoamer

Chris, I don't know how closely you've been monitoring this thread but, just so you know, EarthRoamer DID slide under the wire and post his intent to buy before midnight.

The discount code is K1600Forum15 and is live until 11:59 PM on Monday, 9/9/2019.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Someone still has to convince me why I need this...

Joe

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Someone still has to convince me why I need this...

Joe
If you have a 2016, or older, K1600 then you don't need it. If you have a 2017, or newer, K1600 and have ever ridden an older bike, you understand. Throttle response sucks on the newer bikes compared to the older ones.

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Hey guys, I just talked to Chris, at Bren Tuning, and he's willing to give K1600 forum members a 10% discount on their new 2017+ BMW K1600 Handheld Tuner WITH Stage 2 Flash if we can get just ten forum members to sign up.

This 10% discount also applies to the discounted price for those who have already sent their ECUs to Bren to be flashed.​

Bottom line, $795 reduces to $715.50 for new customers and $595 reduces to $535.50 for those who've already sent their ECUs in to Bren and had them tuned.

Please, post up, if you're interested, and I'll continue to revise the list as members sign up.

1) Vandaldog
Hey Vandaldog,
I’m interested in being part of a group-deal for the handheld programmer but didn’t Bren offer a discount last year to everyone? I can’t find the email but I recall something like a 10% promo in November. At the risk of getting my a$$ kicked for being a cheapskate, I’d have expected a better discount for Forum Members. Tell me if I’m out of line - I can take it.:hide:

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Hey Vandaldog,

I’m interested in being part of a group-deal for the handheld programmer but didn’t Bren offer a discount last year to everyone? I can’t find the email but I recall something like a 10% promo in November. At the risk of getting my a$$ kicked for being a cheapskate, I’d have expected a better discount for Forum Members. Tell me if I’m out of line - I can take it.:hide:
Yeah, I with you here, 10% is kind of lame, but it does beat full price.

Sent using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Vandaldog,
They didn't have the hand-held unit a year ago. I'd wager that discount was for the tune in which you needed to send them your ECU.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Hey guys, I just talked to Chris, at Bren Tuning, and he's willing to give K1600 forum members a 10% discount on their new 2017+ BMW K1600 Handheld Tuner WITH Stage 2 Flash if we can get just ten forum members to sign up.

This 10% discount also applies to the discounted price for those who have already sent their ECUs to Bren to be flashed.​

Bottom line, $795 reduces to $715.50 for new customers and $595 reduces to $535.50 for those who've already sent their ECUs in to Bren and had them tuned.

1) Vandaldog
Hey Vandaldog,
I’m interested in being part of a group-deal for the handheld programmer but didn’t Bren offer a discount last year to everyone? I can’t find the email but I recall something like a 10% promo in November. At the risk of getting my a$$ kicked for being a cheapskate, I’d have expected a better discount for Forum Members. Tell me if I’m out of line - I can take it.
I agree with you! Bren usually offers a 10% disc on some holidays. While I appreciate their offer, $ is tight for me right now, so I will wait until the next holiday offer they have. I guess I too, am a cheap *******,lol.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I agree with you! Bren usually offers a 10% disc on some holidays. While I appreciate their offer, $ is tight for me right now, so I will wait until the next holiday offer they have. I guess I too, am a cheap *******,lol.
I don't know, maybe, maybe not. Chris, at Bren, seemed like a very straight-up guy and he told me that the units, themselves, are more expensive to make than most people think and that they've got a ton of time in the R & D.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I don't know, maybe, maybe not. Chris, at Bren, seemed like a very straight-up guy and he told me that the units, themselves, are more expensive to make than most people think and that they've got a ton of time in the R & D.
I am sure Chris is a stand up guy, and I know that Bren is a great source for add on power for your machine, both car and motorcycle. I also agree, that there is considerable $ invested in the making of this tune. Bren offers a great product, at a reasonable price. It is a smart business move to offer a product at a discount, at holidays, to generate quick influx of capital, in a short time. Then, those same people, will tell others, how great it is, and they will buy too. I was just hoping a group buy, would have gotten a different deal. I know that if I keep my B, I will eventually get the handheld, but for me, the discount, won't push me to do it now. ?

·
Premium Member
500 Posts

To see what you're getting for your hard-earned cash, see the links, below...Please, post up, if you're interested, and I'll continue to revise the list as members sign up.

1) Vandaldog
2) MountaineerSTi
3) VenturaHighway
4) mlheck
5) svfiat

Ask them if they will do 20% if 20 members buy. That will help better amortize the development costs. I would go for that. The electronic unit cost is not that much . . . or Bren is getting ripped off by whoever is building it for them, and needs to work a better deal.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ask them if they will do 20% if 20 members buy. That will help better amortize the development costs. I would go for that. The electronic unit cost is not that much . . . or Bren is getting ripped off by whoever is building it for them, and needs to work a better deal.
No, I'm not going to ask that. He didn't have to give us any discount. I thought the fact he was willing to give us a discount, at all, was gracious enough.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I ordered one two days ago
Well, that sucks! Sorry to tell you, I DID ask whether they'd make their discounts retroactive and was told that they wouldn't.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Please add me to the list. How will this actually work? Assuming we get the 10 members to sign up, will we be given a "discount code" and then order from Bren's website individually?

1 - 20 of 489 Posts