BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Upside Down
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Aussie members.

I spoke about this before and a few have asked about when and how long we need to arrange a meet-up. I was thinking we should make the first one in March 2022 to allow the working members to arrange time off etc. Here are my thoughts, The first meet should be someplace that is central for Victorian AKA Mexican members then Queensland AKA Banana Benders. To meet with us wonderful NSW members. So that said Just north of Canberra near the border of NSW and ACT they have a motel brewery accommodation called Egal Hawk that might work for us all. So what about 3 days, 2 nights then have day rides from there that could be arranged by local riders such as Donna and Baz for us that don't know the area. They don't have to be massive day rides but long enough for us to enjoy each other's company have lunch someplace on the road each day.
If interested we should first get some numbers on who could make it then and who is interested in doing this. Then once we know that I can get some prices of accommodation and we can make our own bookings based on the dates we work out. This allows all of the east coast membership to be covered. The following year could be up north or down south. to be fair to everyone if so desired.

Please let me know what you think so we can start to arrange this. If no one is interested then so be it.
Cheers,
Geoff

·
Registered
434 Posts
G'day big G, I'm interested as I'm sure many others would be, the problem being I don't know what I'm doing next week let alone a year from now. I'm happy to say yeah I'll do it but if I get a call from another supermodel about hangin with her for a while then I'll prob do that 😉.
Let's see what others come back with, Donna may have an RT by then and we'd have to ban her anyway 😆.
Good luck pulling it together broski, may prove quite difficult though. Baz

·
Upside Down
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
G'day big G, I'm interested as I'm sure many others would be, the problem being I don't know what I'm doing next week let alone a year from now. I'm happy to say yeah I'll do it but if I get a call from another supermodel about hangin with her for a while then I'll prob do that 😉.
Let's see what others come back with, Donna may have an RT by then and we'd have to ban her anyway 😆.
Good luck pulling it together broski, may prove quite difficult though. Baz
I understand the issues and have no intentions of doing any bookings for accommodation etc but willing to see how much it may cost. Like you, I don't know what I am doing from one day to the next let alone who I really am. I would be the one on the outside here as I no longer own a BMW of any model, but as we all seem to have a good repour with each other on our Australian section of the forum one can only try and see what happens I know that Paul in Armidale and Trevor up towards Moombi are interested but both are working unlike me!! The very reason I thought is we try and plan a year out it should have a better chance of working out for us all. I am a full-time carer so getting away for more than 2 or 3 nights max would be the best I could do. We need to see if we can make it happen, the rest will be up to everyone else to see what they want to do re imput and suggestions. I will go with the flow.

·
Registered
K1600 GTL 2013
14 Posts
I understand the issues and have no intentions of doing any bookings for accommodation etc but willing to see how much it may cost. Like you, I don't know what I am doing from one day to the next let alone who I really am. I would be the one on the outside here as I no longer own a BMW of any model, but as we all seem to have a good repour with each other on our Australian section of the forum one can only try and see what happens I know that Paul in Armidale and Trevor up towards Moombi are interested but both are working unlike me!! The very reason I thought is we try and plan a year out it should have a better chance of working out for us all. I am a full-time carer so getting away for more than 2 or 3 nights max would be the best I could do. We need to see if we can make it happen, the rest will be up to everyone else to see what they want to do re imput and suggestions. I will go with the flow.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Will be there and with luck I’ll bring my super model with me
Set the date and let’s do it
Sound's like a go'er to me - all things being equal, I'll be there with my super model as well - for me retirement is nigh - 20 weeks 0 days 20 hours 57 min 20 sec - not that I'm counting 😁

·
Registered
2012 K1600GTL, 1998 Triumph Daytona, 1983 YZ250K
59 Posts
Like the idea Geoff, I am very much a newby but get a good vibe from those I’ve interacted with and also other members that I’ve simply read there posts or comments. I looked at Google maps today, the area you mentioned appears to be about 6 1/2 hours from Melbourne, 5 1/2 hours from Newcastle but 13 1/2 hours from Caloundra so I’d probably need to wait for the Northern Tour up to gods country.

·
Upside Down
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'd be up for it you mentioned brewery I'd just need some notice for rec leave definitely keen as Anton said he gets a good vibe same here
Spoken like a true copper lol
Unknown.jpeg
depositphotos_36449159-stock-illustration-cartoon-policeman.jpg

·
Upside Down
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, I called the resort it is now called the Ibis Egal hawk so the lady I spoke to needs a date due to they have cheap rates on days that Parliament are not sitting and more expensive rates when they do. So once we decide on dates we can then work around that to get the cheaper rates. they do Breakfast, free parking, and lots of rooms, etc. I have stayed there years ago and it was clean and comfortable. So now we are getting someplace that might work all we need is maybe wait a few more weeks to get all those interested and then work on our date ( No Baz, not that date !! lol ) to get the best prices, etc.

Reactions: Magoo222

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm interested as well.
Donna I doubt anyone here thinks of you in anyway other than as an Awsome beautiful person.

·
Registered
118 Posts
A resort does it have a pool so you can wear your man kini I've put in for leave for the wall to wall in September registration is next month l normally have to give six weeks notice for leave

·
Upside Down
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
A resort does it have a pool so you can wear your man kini I've put in for leave for the wall to wall in September registration is next month l normally have to give six weeks notice for leave
A Mankini wow that's me out now lol, I don't want to be traumatized for the remaining part of what life I may have, as a child, I lived a sheltered life.

1 - 20 of 166 Posts