BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I just updated my service mileage on my bike.

I did it through my phone.

This is new to me....
Has for a long time now. Web based options have been expanding over the years. Soon you'll not need the PC software.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,723 Posts
I just updated my service mileage on my bike.

I did it through my phone.

This is new to me....

Was it an iphone? Which model?
Best.

·
Registered
17 Posts
After some forum searching, I finally landed here. I couldn't exactly figure out what GS-911 stood for (kept thinking it was weird that everyone was referring to a Porsche). Doh! :lol2:

But I jest! Seriously though, is this the only diag tool for BMW's or is it the preferred? I have a diag tool I used on my previous bike and didn't want to put out the 400 clams if I absolutely didn't need to.

·
Premium Member
6,772 Posts
There is a work around setup, motoscan, that some use. If you're just looking to reset service reminder, general checks, etc, feel free to stop by. I'm in Catlett, just outside of Warrenton. All I ask in return is one decent 60 ring 4-5" maduro cigar. :) FWI, I also mount/balance tires.

Duane

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
On a related note, I got a GS-911WIFI for my K1600B a few months ago. I downloaded the Mac version of the software to my iMac, attached the GS911 to the bike, selected K1600 Bagger from the K series drop down menu and proceeded to familiarize myself with the on screen functionality, although I didn’t check out the service mileage reset at the time. After an oil change a few weeks before the MOA I decided to reset it, but there was no selection for it...I think it was grayed out IIRC. I was about to give up in frustration when I decided to select a different K series bike, a K1600 GTL Exclusive, to see what would happen. Sure enough all my bike info was there, along with all functionality, including the ability to reset the service mileage, which I did without issue. I started to email Hexcode about this, but let it go for now. Not sure if anyone else has had this experience.

I’ve not yet used the device with my iPhone or iPad.

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
I have a Blackberry
So you're the other Blackberry customer (besides myself).:eek:ld:

Are you using the KeyOne or KeyTwo or Priv?

I reluctantly gave up my Passport just a few months ago and now use the KeyOne - which I like a lot.

·
Super Moderator
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So you're the other Blackberry customer (besides myself).:eek:ld:

Are you using the KeyOne or KeyTwo or Priv?

I reluctantly gave up my Passport just a few months ago and now use the KeyOne - which I like a lot.
I have a Key2.

I really like it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts