BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to the VIN search, this bike came with the high seat. Don't need it because I have great friends who grabbed the RDL off my wreck. Asking $225 plus shipping.

Attachments

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah. Roughly $528! Wish I knew some Air Force Loadies who were headed that way. Know of any Aussies visiting the US?

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
What's the difference in a stock seat and a high seat?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There's a high and low seat. Both are stock.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Armymutt, Is this seat still for sale ? How many a** miles on it ? I have a 2012 GTL and my passenger seat heat quit working. Cost to ship to Ohio 45601 zip.

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
What's the difference in a stock seat and a high seat?

If memory is correct there were primarily 2 for the first several years of production though the seats would be interchangeable other than the GTL Exclusive which technically fits but has a different length.

Most of the pre-order and earlier models came with the "low" seat which was 29.5"/750mm. BMW really touted the low seat height as a selling point which is why I think they shipped so many with the low seat but that is speculation. They may have guessed that is what most folks wanted and the bikes were so much in demand it could have been a supply issue where their supply line fed low seats more quickly than the other seats.

As time passed it was clear the "low" seat was too low for lots of folks and we started to see higher seat heights be more common.

From what I see the three seat heights are:

• 29.5" or 750mm
  • 30.7" or 780mm
  • 31.9" or 810mm, I believe though BMW list this as a one piece option for the current "Build Your Own" GTL, I believe it is actually the 2 piece seat "GT" seat.
I believe the first few years would have had the 29.5" as the "low" and 30.7" as the high. If there is a 31.9" one piece seat I do not believe they would be common. Take a peek here to confirm under the Dimensions and Weights section: https://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/en/models/tour/k1600gtl/technicaldata.html#/section-technical-data.

All this is to say I think the "high" GTL seat would be 30.7" seat height on the bike compared to 29.5" for the low.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Armymutt, Is this seat still for sale ? How many a** miles on it ? I have a 2012 GTL and my passenger seat heat quit working. Cost to ship to Ohio 45601 zip.
It's still for sale. The bike has 11,800 on it, so I assume that's what's been ridden on it. Let me see if I can find a giant box for it. My guess is that it's going to be about $70, maybe less. I roughly guessed that it will take a box that is 34x21x16 and weighs 15lb.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
ArmyMutt, If you still have the seat i'll take it. Send me a PM with payment instructions . If you take it to UPS I don't think it has to be in a box . They will bubble wrap it and ship as is. Thanks

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ArmyMutt, If you still have the seat i'll take it. Send me a PM with payment instructions . If you take it to UPS I don't think it has to be in a box . They will bubble wrap it and ship as is. Thanks
Ok, cool. I'll hit them up on Saturday, unless I manage to get out of work early tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Seat

Matt, I received the seat today looks as good as you stated. Wifey can't wait to check out her new heating pad. :vhappy . Problem is she won't use the seat or the heat unless it's at least 70 deg. out. More fun for me :smile:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts