BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,
I just got a used gtl (low) seat to put on my gt. I'll have it redone in a short while.

I have to get cylinder lock for the gtl seat, but I need the receiving bracket of the gtl seat that sits on the rear fender. so it clips and lock the seat onto the bike.

I have a part number for the cylinder lock but I need the part number of this female plastic bracket that is bolted right on the rear gtl fender. I searched on the parts fiche of Max and A&S and found no reference of it.

Thanks for your input

·
Premium Member
3,815 Posts
Is this what you're looking for:
03 51 25 7 697 226 SEAT BENCH LOCKING SYSTEM
or this:
06 52 53 7 723 721 LOCK SUPPORT

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you sir :)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Is this what you're looking for:
03 51 25 7 697 226 SEAT BENCH LOCKING SYSTEM
or this:
06 52 53 7 723 721 LOCK SUPPORT
BOTH parts are the same? With different part numbers? Could you please elaborate what's the deal? Do you need both parts, or just one... and which one?
And how about if you buy the accessory 1-piece seat for the GT (same as the GTL, right)? Do you know if it comes with the hardware needed to retrofit it? Thx.

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
I contacted my dealer when I was making my swap from a GTL seat to a GT seat for my GTL. I told them I needed to get a GT seat on a GTL and they took care of it right away for about $40 I think for the hardware and about the same for the extra lock if I did not want to take the lock from my GTL seat and transfer it to the GT seat.

Relatively inexpensive, very easy and I'm sure the local dealer appreciated the loyalty.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
GTL seat on GT

So far I got the cylinder lock.

The part # 51 25 7 697 226 SEAT BENCH LOCKING SYSTEM is already under the seat.

What I need is the receiver portion of this part that is bolted on the fender. I checked on a gtl, there is a part # written on it, 52 53 7 728 779, the dealer cannot find it on the bmw part listing!

So I'm still looking.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you, it is exactly what I needed. Great :)

·
Registered
647 Posts
I bought the GTL seat for my GT when I purchased the bike new. I did not care for the GTL seat. I went to a Corbin Dual Touring saddle and have been in complete riding comfort since the change to Corbin.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Does anyone else use the RDL seat in high position? The RDL I bought is for someone much shorter than me. RDL advised against it so I haven't thus far but would really like to sit higher and until I get it raised professionally..

·
Premium Member
6,429 Posts
I put mine on the high position when doing trips out of town. It raises the front of the seat and keeps me from sliding into the tank. If I know I'll be doing a lot of city riding I'll lower it so that I can plant my feet better at stops.

When you go to flip over the front piece there may be a plastic piece on the plate that won't allow you to click it into place. Just cut it off. No harm or foul.

When putting the one piece GTL seat in the high position at the front the rear latch may not catch easily so you have to push down hard at the back to get it to catch. There will be a wider gap between the front of the seat and the tank but the comfort will over ride the aesthetics, in my opinion.

Reactions: Lukeinlondon

·
Registered
167 Posts
Switched it this morning, not sliding into tank! Yay

Interestingly enough I am probably sitting as high as I would be comfortable (im 6'1) even though the seat was made for someone 5'9 according to RDL, finally i am sitting above the Calsci XXL as well (even though I will probably get rid of it)

It's also helpful to see how the pegs/bars feel from this position as I am looking at getting lowering kit/risers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts