BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Congratulations, great looking bike! What's it doing on a trailer? lol just kidding

On my way to Pismo this year I had my bike on a trailer behind my motorhome. Saw a group of BMW riders at a rest stop. When I walked by we started chatting, the first question they asked was why is that bike on a trailer? I told them my wife doesn't drive the motorhome and I wasn't going on vacation without the bike.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I totally agree on trailering being the worst way to get a street bike from Point A to Point B.

When I used to live in Seattle and getting to the airport was relatively easy my preferred MO was to do a fly-n-ride (I've done 8 of them around the country and also done a ride-n-sell-n-fly-home) but I live in the boonies now and getting to the airport is a major PITA.

·
Premium Member
6,602 Posts
Congrats! The initial quest is over, now the fun begins.

Duane

·
Registered
981 Posts
Beautiful!

Going to be a little more difficult to convince your "mom" - this will take more than a little food and water and walking... pssssst - and a whole lotta$$

·
Registered
424 Posts
I would love that color on my GA with all black cans. Yum.....!!!! Also, the view in the back is amazing. ****.....all those places you guys ride, unreal.

·
Registered
386 Posts
When you said "followed" I didn't think you meant it literally! Congrats! :tb

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Congrats!! May it provide many miles of life and living.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Congrats on the new toy. I have the exact model/color. Simply the best. What volcano is that? Rainer, Hood or St. Helens? I have a similar pic of my first bike with Shasta in the background, but that's too far from Wa.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Congrats on the new toy. I have the exact model/color. Simply the best. What volcano is that? Rainer, Hood or St. Helens? I have a similar pic of my first bike with Shasta in the background, but that's too far from Wa.
It's Shasta. I dragged my trailer down to NorCal to get it. (700 miles each way so it was a long weekend but the price was right so it was worth it IMO.)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have an ezCAN and am still waiting for some other electrical stuff to show up so I hadn't planned on riding it until I added aux lights and flashing brake LEDs. But I wanted to get the title transferred before The 4th so I took it for its first "real" 60 mile ride today.

The cruise control is driving me nuts! It took me a minute or two to figure out that the throttle by wire disengages the cruise if you roll it all of the way off. I have cruise control installed on all of my old Ks and by habit the first thing I do when the cruise engages on those bikes is roll off the throttle. I'll have to unlearn that habit for riding the GT.

Aside from that it was great and I'm very pleased with my purchase. I didn't want to get a ticket on my first ride but I did take a few turns at speed. >:) It's amazing how well it turns and how effortless it is.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I found the CC to be the easiest of any CC Ihave ever used. Simple left thumb swipe for on or off. And it is instant, on my HD you would drop a few MPH before the speed set. The CC will disengage wit clutch lever movement, any brake application or full rolloff of throttle.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts