BMW K1600 Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Muffs will ALWAYS out-perform handguards at the task of keeping of keeping your hands warm and do it for a fraction of the cost. That having been said, If you want to do much more than operate the clutch, throttle and brakes, they become a problem. Also, certain designs will pull on the clutch and brake levers. If you decide to gamble $15-30 bucks, get the biggest ones you can find and wear very light gloves. PS DO NOT go to a snow mobile dealer or a 4 wheeler retailer unless you don't mind paying $70 or more

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have the guards and the muffs that Wunderlich offer. The muffs make it possible to ride at freezing wearing summer gloves with the heaters on 2. Without the guards they work well with the only trouble being that with the cruise on at ~75 a gust of wind can put enough pressure on the brake to disengage the cruise.

The guards are much better and 45+ F do a decent job.

For whatever reason, the guards and the muffs do not play well together and as you might expect from W there isn't really useful instructions on either, but I've yet to find a way to use the muffs with the guards where access to the switches wasn't greatly impeded.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Take a look at Barkbusters Blizzards. A good compromise between full on muffs and wind guards. I have them fitted to my GA, they do not touch anything when turning the bars and even with all the rain we’ve had lately my summer non waterproof gloves only get mildly damp

21 - 23 of 23 Posts