BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,267 Posts
To me, those surveys are like political polls: You can take a small sample size of the people that answer the way you want them to in order to make a theory or opinion as fact.

I remember when eggs were bad for you - now they are a recommended part of the diet.

·
Premium Member
1,607 Posts
As Russians say 'drinking vodka is not only harmful but also beneficial'.

Cheers,
Off topic but my russian friends were telling me last week that in the vote to keep Putin in power there were two choices. Yes, I don't mind if we change the regulations so Putin could stay in power, and No, I don't mind if we change the regulations so Putin could stay in power.

Russians have a great sense of humor.

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
I consumed enough before I was 23 to last my lifetime. For some, one is too many, and a thousand not enough.

Reactions: WillH

·
Registered
284 Posts
Testing done still waiting for results not expecting them for atleast another 10 years I hope

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
So, if a beer or two is good then a case makes you brilliant, huh? I must say, that's not been my experience. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
841 Posts
Everything is good for you in moderation, even excess...

(I think that might be from Mr Disraeli, somewhat mashed up though)

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
I like the quote attributed to Churchill: “I’ve gotten more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me.”

and less politically correct:

When member of parliament, Bessie Braddock said to Churchill: “Sir, you are drunk.” Churchill replied: “Bessie, you are ugly. You are very ugly. I’ll be sober in the morning.”

Churchill's two favorite drinks were Pol Roger Champage and Scotch Whisky. He is quoted as saying: “Remember, gentlemen, it’s not just France we are fighting for, it’s Champagne!”

Reactions: WillH

·
Premium Member
1,267 Posts
Or, W.C. Fields who made a vow to not have another drink and then quickly added "now let's make a toast to it!" (his vow).

·
Registered
787 Posts
Moderation in all things, including moderation.

Alcohol is toxic, of course; but worrying about things isn't good for you either.

Mae West: "Too much of a good thing can be wonderful."

1 - 18 of 18 Posts