BMW K1600 Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Any California riders, specifically for the K1600B, who've installed the Helibar Risers (not the Helibar bars, just the risers) and are able to gas up your bike successfully? It's a tight fit with those vapor nozzles, even without the risers, so I just want to make sure before I invest and install. Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just installed them last weekend, but I have the forged bars. I've only ridder ~50 miles, but already notice how much better it is on my back. I can't comment on wind on the hands as I don't notice any difference. But I never noticed wind on my hands before.

Photo is after left side installed, before I moved to the right side.
IMG_1889.jpg
IMG_1889.jpg

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Any California riders, specifically for the K1600B, who've installed the Helibar Risers (not the Helibar bars, just the risers) and are able to gas up your bike successfully? It's a tight fit with those vapor nozzles, even without the risers, so I just want to make sure before I invest and install. Thank you in advance!
I used this handy tool to hold the vapor recovery boot up while fueling the B. Worked great.

One word of caution, heat up the bolts securing your handlebars to make removal easier. The factory used a thread locking compound, when heated it softens. My opinion.

I've since sold my 18 B for health reasons. Really enjoyed that bike. Best of luck to you.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just adding customer feedback; I recently installed the Helibars bar risers on my K1600B (not the handlebars, just the risers). Very happy. It immediately stopped the muscles between my shoulder-blades from tightening. I also now sit further back on the stock seat where I find it more comfortable. I'm 5'11, 31" inseam. In addition to being further back, the hand position definitely feels higher, not annoyingly, just took a little getting used to. I did not notice more or less wind on my hands from the stock position.

My bigger concern before installing was how I would gas up with those darn vapor covers on the gas pumps. I can confirm, turning the front wheel fully to the left, I can gas up. I do use a the white contraption you see in the photo to hold back the vapor sleeve. That helps a bunch and even then, it's a little awkward refueling, but not a big deal.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I had a pair of Rox risers knocking around the garage so I put them on as an experiment. I've adjusted them a couple of times but they fit without any cable issues and fuel stops are not a problem.

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
21 - 27 of 27 Posts