BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up handle bar extensions a little while ago. They fit under your current bars and move the bars back almost 2" and raise them about 1/2". That doesn't sound like much, but it does make quite a bit of difference. I am 5' 9" and if you are taller with longer arms, you probable wouldn't like them. I just got back from a 6000+ mile trip and really liked the new position. Easy to install if you follow the directions. And would have been considerably easier with another person to help hold things in place while you install the new parts. The appearance is like factory and not noticeable unless you knew what to look for. The color perfectly matches the existing bars. Gets a thumbs up from me.
Spacer.jpg

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am also very satisfied with the Helibar risers on my GA which made a significant improvement for me (6' and long arms). I also like the fact that they are made about an hour from where I live...

Reactions: Geoff_3

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm also very satisfied with my Helibar Tour Performance Risers on my '19 'B'.

Reactions: Geoff_3

·
Registered
22 Posts
Anybody have any shortcuts or advice on installation? I have a set to put on my GT and will being the job alone without a helper.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Yes on good upgrade for my B. Easy install, color match to factory parts good.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Removing the bars is the most difficult part of the install. I removed the allen stud from my 3/8" allen socket and used a 1/4" rachet wrench on the stud to turn the bolts. You have to turn the handle bars a little for different bolts. Installation is quite simple as you can use a wrench to attach the heli-bars to the tree. Get a helper if you can. I did mine by myself, but help to hold the bars in place while you start the bolts would have made it much easier.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Anybody have any shortcuts or advice on installation? I have a set to put on my GT and will being the job alone without a helper.
Remove the steering head nut and the upper clamp. I did my bar risers today and it only took a couple hours by my self.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Remove the steering head nut and the upper clamp. I did my bar risers today and it only took a couple hours by my self.
You're talking about just adding Helibar risers, correct?
If so, why the need to remove the steering head nut? I added the Helibar Tour Performance Risers to my '19 'B' without any need whatsoever to remove the steering head nut, only the riser bolts.
Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts