BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1
So there I was, I never thought it would happen to me...

Yesterday I was sitting in my office minding my own business when my wife called and said "I think you should stop on the way home and buy a motorcycle." :eek::sneaky:馃槵 So of course I could not refuse, and I am the proud new owner of a brand new 2019 K1600GT, Black Storm Metallic/Glacier Silver.

In all seriousness I have been wanting to get back in the saddle for some time and we had been discussing it, but it was a bit of a surprise. Quite a few years ago now, I spent a lot of time riding a R1150RTP, which was an amazing amount of fun. So I have wanted my own BMW ever since, and here we are.

In the run-up to this watershed moment, I have been silently lurking on the forum and absorbing everything I could from the crowd-wisdom, which was tremendously helpful and I think really prepared me for the purchase and to be comfortable that I was getting a really good deal on exactly what I wanted. The Motorcycle Shop is the dealer here in Anchorage, I have known them for a long time, and they are great people. If you are ever riding in Alaska stop by, you will enjoy chatting with them.

So I wanted to introduce myself, say hello from Anchorage Alaska, and most of all say THANK YOU to all fo the forum members for sharing your sage advice. It was super helpful and I can hardly wait to get my bike next week. I'll try to find someplace Alaskan looking and post a pic or two.

I hope everyone is having a safe weekend and getting to go out and ride.

Stay safe!

Justin
Anchorage, Alaska

Premium Member
Congrats and happy riding in beautiful Alaska. My wife has always been accommodating on my motorcycle purchases over the past 51 years. o_O

Reactions: Tanner

Boom
Yesterday I was sitting in my office minding my own business when my wife called and said "I think you should stop on the way home and buy a motorcycle." :eek::sneaky:馃槵 So of course I could not refuse, and I am the proud new owner of a brand new 2019 K1600GT, Black Storm Metallic/Glacier Silver.
Checking snopes.com ... :LOL:

Welcome to the fourm!

Reactions: Alaska GT and J-Luv

Premium Member
Congrats and welcome. Glad you鈥檙e here. Wife is definitely a keeper!! Enjoy the bike. Best.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for al the welcome messages!!! I鈥檓 really looking forward to hanging around the forum. It will be especially good around December when I have 5 months to go until bike season again...馃う馃徎鈥嶁檪锔

I agree, I think she鈥檚 a keeper. 馃槈 This was a 20th wedding anniversary indulgence, but she is very tolerant of some of my more eccentric ideas.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #8
Finally remembered to take a bike pic while I was on a short ride today. Nice Alaska afternoon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts