BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for the join. Any other k1600 riders from Cornwall? After a long as your arm list of bikes I now have the ultimate (to me) tourer gt sport. After many exhausting v twins the new bike is a joy to ride. Roll on summer camping and touring!
Hello vj,
I am from East Cornwall and I ride with two other K16s,we ride somewhere most weeks and we go down to Falmouth quite regular.

View attachment 139640

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,thanks for reply
I live South East Cornwall,Trematon. I go on a few rides and meets with the BMW owners club but would be keen to meet up with fellow k owners. Weathers looking a bit better next week ( mid week) if you would like to meet for a ride?
Kind regards Vince

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,thanks for reply
I live South East Cornwall,Trematon. I go on a few rides and meets with the BMW owners club but would be keen to meet up with fellow k owners. Weathers looking a bit better next week ( mid week) if you would like to meet for a ride?

·
Registered
724 Posts
Hi and welcome.

I used to live in Helston, but that was a few years ago now. Unfortunately it’s a bit far to ride over but I’d love to ride some of those country backroads I remember :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi and welcome.

I used to live in Helston, but that was a few years ago now. Unfortunately it’s a bit far to ride over but I’d love to ride some of those country backroads I remember :)
Ah nice, do you remember the ‘Spingo’ brew made in the Blue Anchor pub! Helston.Lethal stuff! I was working there as a carpenter in the 80’s.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Ah nice, do you remember the ‘Spingo’ brew made in the Blue Anchor pub! Helston.Lethal stuff! I was working there as a carpenter in the 80’s.
I left there when I was thirteen... :LOL:
My father was posted to Culdrose

·
Registered
724 Posts
Ah ok, he would know the Blue Anchor then I’m sure! Send us a pic of your ride please.
V
Click on the '>Show Full Signature' and you'll see a pic of him (I'm at work and cannot upload a picture for quite a while...) The thumbnail will expand to a big pic if you click on it ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi,thanks for reply
Kind regards Vince
Trematon!!!We were with friends yesterday who used to farm Trematon Farm.
Two of us live in Callington and the other in Saltash,will let you know when we go out,because we are oldies,well I am the other two a bit younger.
We have just purchased the GS 911 to sort out any problems.
Cheers Melv

·
Registered
18 Posts
Trematon!!!We were with friends yesterday who used to farm Trematon Farm.
Two of us live in Callington and the other in Saltash,will let you know when we go out,because we are oldies,well I am the other two a bit younger.
We have just purchased the GS 911 to sort out any problems.
Cheers Melv
Bit of a PS with last note,not too keen to join the owners club for whatever reason

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Vince,looking at your pics,just wondering where they were taken,one is obviously opposite the dockyard don't know the other tho.
Cheers Melv
Hi Melv
Other pic is Stithians reservoir. I’ve lived Trematon for 12yrs so may know your friends? Just going into retirement myself so free to go for a ride midweek. Text me if you like 07970423761.
I’m not a religious member of the bmw club in fact I’m still a member of the Ducati club too. I pick and choose a bit going on a few rallies each year. I like the camping & touring.Always nice to meet with new friends with similar interests.
which K do you and your friends have?
Kind regards

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Melv
Other pic is Stithians reservoir. I’ve lived Trematon for 12yrs so may know your friends? Just going into retirement myself so free to go for a ride midweek. Text me if you like 07970423761.
I’m not a religious member of the bmw club in fact I’m still a member of the Ducati club too. I pick and choose a bit going on a few rallies each year. I like the camping & touring.Always nice to meet with new friends with similar interests.
which K do you and your friends have?
Kind regards
Hi Vince we all have K16s although mine is a 2011 GTL Steves is 13 and Ian's is 17 and just had his recall done.Ian and me had GL1800 previously heavy but Honda reliability.
The three of us are going to Bez et Esparon in May for a few days,via Roscoff.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Vince we all have K16s although mine is a 2011 GTL Steves is 13 and Ian's is 17 and just had his recall done.Ian and me had GL1800 previously heavy but Honda reliability.
The three of us are going to Bez et Esparon in May for a few days,via Roscoff.
PS I thought it looked like Stithians

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Vince did your bike need the transmission recall?
Oh yes I recognise Cargreen down bY the river Tamar. Nice. My first bike was a FS1E! Always had a bike and many Ducati's. My bike has not had the recall yet but it's imminent! Looks a great ride to the south of France for you. I am off to Brittany in April on my bike and then the Loire in our motorhome in June.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Oh yes I recognise Cargreen down bY the river Tamar. Nice. My first bike was a FS1E! Always had a bike and many Ducati's. My bike has not had the recall yet but it's imminent! Looks a great ride to the south of France for you. I am off to Brittany in April on my bike and then the Loire in our motorhome in June.
Morning Vince my wife and me are staying near Limoges in June for a week,may see you on the way.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts